you're my angel ..

Y/N had always been a quiet, unassuming presence in the halls of Crestwood High. She preferred to blend into the background, keeping to herself and focusing on her studies. However, her efforts to remain invisible had been thwarted ever since Matt transferred to the school last year.

Matt was the epitome of charisma and confidence, traits that endeared him to many but made him a nightmare for Y/N. From the moment he arrived, Matt seemed to have a vendetta against her. He would trip her in the hallways, make cruel jokes at her expense, and spread rumors that made her the laughingstock of their classmates.

It wasn't just physical or verbal harassment; Matt had a knack for targeting her insecurities. He knew exactly how to get under her skin, and he reveled in it. Y/N often wondered what she had done to deserve his relentless bullying, but no answer ever came.

One crisp autumn day, as Y/N was walking home from school, she felt a familiar sense of dread wash over her. She turned a corner and, sure enough, there was Matt, leaning casually against a lamppost. He smirked when he saw her.

"Hey, loser. Heading home to cry about how much everyone hates you?" His words were sharp, designed to wound.

Y/N clenched her fists, trying to keep her emotions in check. "What do you want, Matt?"

He shrugged, pushing off from the lamppost and walking towards her. "Just wanted to see if you finally grew a backbone. Guess not."

Before Y/N could respond, a group of students rounded the corner, chattering and laughing. Matt's demeanor shifted instantly; he flashed them a charming smile and waved. As they passed, he leaned in close to Y/N, his voice a low whisper. "You're nothing, Y/N. Always will be."

Something in Y/N snapped. She was tired of being afraid, tired of letting Matt control her life. She took a deep breath, meeting his gaze with newfound determination. "You don't get to decide what I am, Matt. You don't have that power."

Matt blinked, clearly not expecting a retort. He recovered quickly, his expression hardening. "We'll see about that."

Over the next few weeks, Matt's bullying intensified. But instead of breaking her, it seemed to forge Y/N into something stronger. She started standing up for herself, refusing to let his words and actions define her. Slowly, she began to gain the support of other students who had witnessed Matt's cruelty but had been too afraid to intervene.

One day, during lunch, Matt tried to humiliate Y/N in front of everyone by dumping his tray of food over her head. But before he could act, a voice rang out from the crowd. "That's enough, Matt."

It was Lisa, one of the most popular girls in school. She stepped forward, her eyes blazing with anger. "We've all seen what you've been doing, and it's not okay. Y/N doesn't deserve this, and neither does anyone else."

To Y/N's surprise, more students began to speak up, echoing Lisa's sentiments. Matt looked around, realizing that the tide had turned against him. For the first time, he seemed unsure, vulnerable.

In the days that followed, Matt's influence waned. The more he lashed out, the more isolated he became. Meanwhile, Y/N found herself surrounded by new friends, people who admired her strength and resilience.