C1. Marriage.

Chapter 01

"Dr. Xiao, Mr. Shen is here."

The nurse's voice rang out, and Xiao Yue looked towards the door. Shen Minglou, dressed in grey, stood behind the nurse, with a black umbrella still dripping water in his hand.

"Okay, I got it." Xiao Yue said to the nurse, then turned to Shen Minglou and said, "Come in."

Shen Minglou wrapped the umbrella in a plastic bag and leaned it against the wall. Xiao Yue asked, "Have you been feeling any discomfort recently?"

"No," Shen Minglou shook his head, sat down in front of Xiao Yue, making it easier for him to observe.

"Has your eyesight stopped deteriorating? I noticed you're not wearing glasses today, how's the clear world?"

Shen Minglou smiled and said, "I cherish it."

Upon hearing these words, Xiao Yue paused with the pen in his hand, the mouth behind his mask pursed. But in an instant, he recovered and raised an eyebrow, saying lightly, "I will make sure you see this clear world for a long time."

"It's going to stop raining the day after tomorrow. The sun will be out, the weather will be nice. How about we go for a walk in the park together?" Xiao Yue suggested, "I heard from my colleague that the flowers in a nearby park are blooming beautifully."

"The day after tomorrow..."

Shen Minglou thought for a moment and then apologized to Xiao Yue, "I'm busy that day, I might not be free. I'm sorry."

"It's okay, we'll go together when you're free, no problem."

Shen Minglou listened to Xiao Yue's words and smiled, understanding that it was just a polite gesture.

Xiao Yue, as a doctor, rarely had holidays. When he was off, it was often when Xiao Yue was busiest. It was difficult for the two brothers to find time to spend together, and Xiao Yue was one of the few family members he had left.

He wanted to go see the park's flowers with Xiao Yue, but unfortunately, he really couldn't make time that day.

Xiao Yue changed the subject, saying, "The last time you came to see me was three months ago. You had a mild myopia at that time, but now your vision is normal, right? You've done well in the past three months..."

"How have you been feeling in these three months, do you still occasionally feel anxious?"

"No, " Shen Minglou said softly, "I'm starting to relax a bit."

Xiao Yue nodded, praising, "Keep it up, don't dwell on those negative emotions."

"I've reviewed your report, everything seems stable. I'll prescribe some medication for you, and if you need anything, just text me."

Shen Minglou nodded, "I understand."

Xiao Yue typed on the keyboard, the printer whirred, and soon a prescription was ready.

He looked at Shen Minglou, affixing his stamp while asking, "Are you two almost getting divorced?"

"Ah...yes," Shen Minglou breathed a sigh of relief and finally showed a heartfelt smile in front of him, "Just five more days."

"Five days will pass by quickly, before that, let me congratulate you in advance." Xiao Yue said, handing the prescription to Shen Minglou with a smile.

"Don't worry too much, you will definitely leave peacefully." Xiao Yue said, "When the time comes, I will pick you up and invite you to my house for a meal. My mom always talks about you."