C27. I'll convey that to you.

Chapter 27

District C was a suburb of City B, part of the bustling city with a history of poor development. Real estate developers saw potential in the area and built many houses to drive up property prices.

However, District C was too secluded and inconvenient in terms of transportation. Even if people bought houses there, not many were willing to live in that area.

As a result, District C became a dead zone with empty houses and no residents.

Qin Zhichen had Xiao Wang bring Shen Shanhe and his wife to District C, disguising it as a vacation. In reality, he intended to confine them there, monitoring their every move closely.

At the same time, he was warning them not to attempt anything they shouldn't be doing.

With a smile, Xiao Wang escorted Shen Shanhe and Shao Xuan to the villa owned by Qin Zhichen, which had not been refurbished and only had the most basic furniture. She opened the door for them and introduced, "This is where you both will be residing for the next month. Mr. Qin has already prepared clothing and other daily necessities for you."

Xiao Wang then let two tall bodyguards enter the villa with them, informing the pale-faced Shao Xuan, "This is Mr. Qin's orders. They will take care of your daily needs for this month."

The bodyguards nodded at them in greeting.

"Your phones will be temporarily held by Mr. Qin. It's not ideal to be disturbed by phones during a vacation," Xiao Wang said as she had the bodyguards collect the phones from both of them, confiscating their communication devices.

"After the vacation ends, Mr. Qin will return them to you."

Shao Xuan protested loudly, "How dare you?!"

Shen Shanhe also refused to hand over his phone, saying, "Isn't this supposed to be a vacation? If you don't even give us phones, what kind of vacation is this? What are you trying to imply?"

Ignoring their discontent, Xiao Wang instructed the bodyguards, "Complete Mr. Qin's request promptly."

She took out a sealed bag from her bag, and the bodyguards swiftly collected the phones, placing them inside the bag. Lastly, she showed them both a glance, and their phones lay quietly in the bag, taken away by her.

Seeing his phone being held by Qin Zhi Chen's secretary as a threat, Shen Shanhe's expression darkened. Suppressing his anger, he realized that being in the deserted District C was no vacation at all; it was a way of keeping them confined.

He was concerned that his impulsiveness might affect Shen Mingxin. Controlling his emotions, he took a step back and said, "The secrets stored in my phone are crucial. If you...take it, are you prepared to face the consequences? Do you understand the consequences of leaking such classified information?"

He noticed Qin Zhichen's absence and pressured Xiao Wang, "Moreover, my phone was taken by Qin Zhichen. What if someone needs to discuss business with me? If you delay my work, I will make you work for me for the rest of your life and it still wouldn't be enough to compensate you. Do you understand?"

Xiao Wang, with a serious expression, replied, "I am just a secretary of Mr. Qin. Of course, as Mr. Shen said, I cannot afford the consequences. Mr. Qin anticipated that Mr. Shen would say this, so he had already prepared two new phones for you. Whether for business or chatting with friends, you can use them."

The bodyguards took out two untouched phone boxes from their bags and handed them to Shen Shanhe and Shao Xuan.

Shen Shanhe picked up the phone from the box, veins bulging with satisfaction.