C22. Is there really no way out of this?

Chapter 22

Qin Zhichen sat in front of Shen Mingxin, his expression cold and indifferent. Xiao Li stood behind him, showing a look of disdain towards Shen Mingxin.

Shen Mingxin, seeing this, forced a smile on his face, which quickly stiffened and then was pushed out more forcefully.

His chair moved back as he raised his hands in a gesture of surrender. "Alright."

"You seem to have very good sources of information."

Qin Zhichen, in a black suit, crossed his legs in front of him, his hands interlocked and placed on his chest. His gaze was fixed on Shen Mingxin's face, and just his imposing aura alone seemed to make Shen Mingxin, who was trying to smile, feel completely powerless.

"Considering the significant events that took place yesterday, of course I am aware."

Shen Mingxin said, "After all, you can be considered half a big brother to me. If anything were to happen to you, not to mention me, even my brother, what face would he have left?"

"I always have to show concern for our family members."

He emphasized the last five words, making Qin Zhichen understand that Shen Minglou was still listed in the Shen family's household registration, and he should not be taken lightly.

Qin Zhichen chuckled lightly, his eyes cold. "Well, thank you for your concern."

He turned slightly to Xiao Li behind him and asked, "How is the situation with the Shi family now?"

Xiao Li's voice resonated loudly in Shen Mingxin's office, with his words clearly reaching the ears of the three men: "As of half past twelve noon, all cooperation between the Qin family and the Shi family has been suspended, and Mr. Zhou, who had the most commercial dealings with the Shi family, has also ceased his cooperation with them."

Xiao Li respectfully reported, "If the Shi family has enough liquid assets to sustain themselves, they may be able to hold out for some time."

"For how long?"

"At best, a month."

Qin Zhichen nodded in satisfaction with the Shi family's situation.

He then looked at Shen Mingxin again. "I heard that you were quite close to the Shi family before. You are familiar with the way the Shi family operates, aren't you?"

"...Of course."

Shen Mingxin's smile faded as he met Qin Zhichen's gaze, feeling a tinge of fear in his heart for Qin Zhichen's methods.

He had indeed been close to the Shi family. He had known Shi Tao since high school, and their relationship was considered good due to their social circles.

The Shi family was still an emerging enterprise, having obtained many opportunities with the support of the Zhou family. They were not yet at a stage where they could walk independently without the support of the Zhou family.

The Zhou family had close ties with the Qin family, and now the Zhou family was under the full control of Zhou Yuyin, who had grown up with Qin Zhichen since childhood. If Qin Zhichen spoke, Zhou Yuyin would not dare to refuse.

Giving up on the Shi family in exchange for a favor from Qin Zhichen was a very profitable deal.

For the Shi family, Qin Zhichen left them no room for survival at all.

He wanted them to be completely ruined and split apart, and the whole family held accountable for Shi Tao's actions.

The Shi family was not as harmonious as the Shen family. There were two or three unrecognized children born outside of marriage, and the wives of the Shi family were always busy plotting to drive them away, ensuring that their own children would have inheritance rights, leading to frequent family disputes.