C30. He is from my Qin family.

Chapter 30

News of the shake-up in the Mountain River had already reached Shen Shanhe through Xiao Wang. Upon hearing the news, he was overcome with anger and collapsed in bed.

He was now undergoing treatment in Area C.

Xiao Wang sensed that Qin Zhichen was not particularly fond of his father-in-law. When the doctor came to examine Shen Shanhe, she only asked for simple medication and IV drips to keep him going until Qin Zhichen returned.

It was summer, and rain was a common occurrence.

Xiao Wang stepped on her high heels, walked to the window, and pulled aside the curtains. The rain was pouring down, the outside scene blurred by the rain, and the distant high-rise buildings that were visible on clear days were now obscured by the thick rain fog.

Everything was a grayish blur.

Shen Shanhe was breathing heavily in bed. Shao Xuan, sitting by his bed, heard the sound of his discomfort and quickly took his hand.

Her eyes were red and swollen from crying, and it was clear that she had been crying for a while.

"What's wrong?" she asked him with concern in her hoarse voice.

As the words fell, she raised her head to look at the doctor, her voice even hoarser: "Doctor, when will my husband be better?"

The doctor paused his writing and looked at Xiao Wang's back. He cleared his throat lightly and said, "It will probably take some time."

Xiao Wang turned around. Her phone rang at that moment. She took it out and saw that it was a message from Xiao Li.

Qin Zhichen was back in City B. He had just gotten off the plane and was on his way to see them.

She waved her hand to signal the doctor to leave the room and took a seat on the chair in Shen Shanhe's room.

Xiao Wang looked at the frail Shao Xuan and said, "Mr. Qin has already returned to City B, and Mr. Shen has also come back with him. Your family will soon be reunited."

Shen Shanhe was still conscious and, upon hearing this, his breathing became more rapid. He exerted all his strength to widen his eyes and glared fiercely at Xiao Wang, as if trying to kill her with his gaze.

Shao Xuan, devoid of strength, involuntarily loosened her grip on Shen Shanhe's hand.

A window opened slightly, allowing a breeze to blow through and lift the thin blanket hanging on the bed. Shao Xuan felt her body relax as she lay down in the chair, feeling the breeze on her fingers, cooling the warmth of her hands.

Reunion.

Was it really a reunion?

Qin Zhichen had returned, and they had no chance of winning. Shen Mingxin also returned with Qin Zhichen, implying the obvious consequences.

Shao Xuan closed her eyes as tears rolled down her face. They had lost everything - the glorious background, luxurious house, and financial status - all had slipped away from her.

Xiao Wang, responsible for investigating the Shen family's background for Qin Zhichen, knew all about what had happened to them, attributing their current situation to the consequences of past mistakes.

She harbored no sympathy for Shen Shanhe. He was ill, and even his fierce glare at Xiao Wang did not affect her. Before long, he closed his eyes, out of sight, out of mind.

As for Shao Xuan, Xiao Wang felt nothing for her. She was a foolish woman whose focus was only on her family and reputation.

Shen Minglou, her boss's husband, had been ousted from the Shen family. Without Shao Xuan's manipulation, such consequences would not have occurred.