C32. Is someone going to move in?

Chapter 32

A breeze passed through the living room, and Shen Minglou took a sip of hot soup to warm himself up, feeling a bit more comfortable with the warmth of the soup in his belly.

As the wind blew around him, the heat dissipated, and he unconsciously pulled his thin coat closer to his body, still feeling a chill.

Shen Minglou's thoughts returned to the message Qin Zhichen had sent him. His finger trembled, and the chopsticks rested on the edge of the bowl.

He had never expected Qin Zhichen to transfer the money as promised, he had clearly breached the contract, hadn't they?

The five million from Shen Mingxin would never have been out of good conscience transferred to him, at Qin Zhichen's pace, the Shen family would have long been absorbed into the Qin family...

Shen Mingxin transferred it at Qin Zhichen's behest?

Why?

Why would he do such a thing?

Shen Minglou clenched his teeth, his body trembling uncontrollably, what did this mean?

They were just in a contractual marriage.

He didn't deny that he had feelings for Qin Zhichen, and he had left Qin Zhichen's side as promised, not asking for anything, just wanting to live the rest of his life in peace.

The sudden influx of money felt like chains falling from the sky, binding him. Shen Minglou dared not delve into the implications behind Qin Zhichen's actions.

Was Qin Zhichen really considering being with him?

The thought barely surfaced in Shen Minglou's mind before he shut it down.

In the year they had spent together, Shen Minglou had attended many social gatherings with Qin Zhichen, seen many outstanding individuals from prestigious backgrounds, all more deserving of the Qin family than him.

He was just a grain of sand on the beach, while others in the circle were shining pearls.

His family background, the downfall of the Shen family, the disparity between the Xiao family and the Shen family, none of this made him stand out. His body was like a ticking time bomb, a health issue that set him apart from others.

How could Qin Zhichen want to be with him?

Having grown up in the glittering world of City B, Shen Minglou had seen more people than he could count, how could Qin Zhichen choose to be with him...?

Shen Minglou looked at his hands, his gaze slightly distracted, he squinted and tried to focus.

He didn't think there was anything special about him that would attract Qin Zhichen.

He was just an ordinary person, briefly intersecting with Qin Zhichen. They would soon part ways, returning to being strangers just like a year ago.

That was their ending.

This was the best arrangement in Shen Minglou's mind for their relationship.

A person like him wasn't suited for companionship, better off bearing loneliness on his own.

Shen Minglou lifted the hot soup, the steam rising to his face, the warm mist entering his eyes, causing a mix of emotions in his heart.

...If Qin Zhichen didn't have such intentions, then why did he transfer the money?

To track his movements?

Shen Minglou swallowed the soup in his mouth, the more he thought about it, the more it made sense.