C39. I didn't expect we could still be neighbors.

Chapter 39

"Hmm?"

Shen Minglou was constantly on guard against him, wishing he would leave quickly. This man even wanted to send him home?

Sometimes there was no need to be so polite.

He opened his mouth to speak again, but the man he hadn't seen in a long time stood behind him, grasped the handle on the back of the chair, and gently pushed him forward.

The wheels rolled forward, and Shen Minglou's heart trembled at the sudden movement. He quickly grabbed the armrest and, after a moment of silence in the slow movement, spoke softly, "Actually... you don't have to send me off."

He pretended to be relaxed, his tone more upbeat than before, but Qin Zhichen heard a hint of trembling in his voice.

"You must be very busy. Just send me to the hospital gate. I appreciate your kindness... My cousin can..."

Qin Zhichen didn't let him finish his sentence, instead, he watched the elevator numbers flashing and interrupted Shen Minglou after hearing the elevator's "ding": "The elevator has arrived, let's go in first."

As the elevator doors opened to an empty space, the three of them entered together. Xiao Yue instinctively concealed his presence and silently observed what was happening in front, leaving Shen Minglou alone to face the person behind him.

"I'm not in a hurry," Qin Zhichen softened his voice, melting away the deliberate aloofness he had shown before. "We haven't seen each other in so many years. Isn't our friendship enough for me to send you home?"

Shen Minglou hesitated.

His senior brother's words were smooth, and if he refused, it would be like tearing apart the days of university and leaving them in the past. Even though there had been a hint of ambiguity between them, they had never crossed that final line.

Looking at it now, their friendship as was still strong.

In the past, Shen Minglou had accomplished a lot with his help, and in his heart, his senior brother and Chang Li held similar positions.

If it were Chang Li saying this, he would definitely not refuse, but...

The refusal was on the tip of his tongue but he swallowed it back.

Shen Minglou bit his lip, after a painful mental struggle, he finally relented.

In a low, miserable voice, he said, "Alright."

"Thank you."

As the elevator doors opened with his words, the hospital lobby was brightly lit, casting a warm light in front of Shen Minglou, making his face look more vibrant compared to its previous paleness.

He seemed more lively than before.

Seeing his compliance, Qin Zhichen smiled slightly.

Guiding Shen Minglou into the warm lobby, he spoke softly, "Don't mention it."

Shen Minglou clenched his lips tighter.

Seizing an opportunity, Xiao Yue interjected, "The car I called for is waiting outside. I'll fold up the wheelchair and put it in the trunk later."

"You... assist me in helping Minglou into the car."

Finishing his sentence, he spoke through gritted teeth, "Pay attention properly, make sure he doesn't accidentally hit anything."

His gaze turned sinister, silently warning Qin Zhichen, "Otherwise, you go back!"

"Got it."

Qin Zhichen retaliated, silently telling Xiao Yue, "I'm not going back."