C9. Gifting.

Chapter 09

Chen Minglou has always received curious looks from others because of his eyes, from childhood to adulthood. He used to make an effort to explain that they were natural, but now he just goes along with what others say.

If someone asks about his eyes, he would casually lie that he has some foreign blood in his family, but there isn’t much left in his generation, so maybe his eyes are a throwback.

But now, the one inquiring about his eyes is Qin Zhichen's father, the former head of the Qin family.

He can easily find out everything about the Chen family.

He can't lie about his family, nor can he admit that his eyes are actually diseased.

He can’t afford the 15 million breach of contract penalty for the Chen family, nor can he repay the 30 million owed to Qin Zhichen.

Chen Minglou smiled faintly and said, "Uncle, you're worrying too much. I'm healthy without any problems."

"We are alumni with Zhichen."

Qin Chaohang raised his eyebrows in surprise. "Oh?"

B University is one of the best universities in the country, and Chen Minglou hinting that he graduated from B University was to show Qin Chaohang that he is healthy enough. If he had health problems, he wouldn't have been able to get into B University and graduate successfully.

Being able to get into B University is enough to prove Chen Minglou's ability.

Song Mianyin smiled happily at his words and asked, "Did you two know each other when you were in school?"

Chen Minglou hesitated and subconsciously looked at Qin Zhichen, who spoke up, "Yes."

"..."

He said it, so be it.

Qin Zhichen didn't let Qin Chaohang continue questioning. He told him, "Minglou is in good health, and we don't plan on having children in the future, so rest assured."

Qin Chaohang snorted after hearing this.

The implication behind Qin Zhichen's words was that they wouldn't have children in the future, so even if there were problems, they wouldn't be passed on to the next generation. Whatever issues Chen Minglou had, he would bear them on his own.

If this had been a few years ago, Qin Zhichen would have been punched for talking like this, but now...

Qin Chaohang thought to himself, love whoever you want! It’s not like he was the one marrying Chen Minglou.

Song Mianyin also understood her son's intentions. She intervened, "I got so caught up in chatting that I forgot about the food. Let's eat."

She leaned in close to Chen Minglou and asked, "Minglou, what do you like to eat? I didn't know your preferences, so I just made something simple. Next time, I'll prepare your favorites."

Chen Minglou was somewhat surprised.

After all, Song Mianyin was the vice chairman of the Qin family, holding a high position. People like her usually have cooks come to the house to prepare meals, and it's rare for them to personally cook for guests.

Unless the guest is of a higher level or a very close relative, they would show off their skills as a gesture of goodwill.

Chen Minglou didn't fall into either category. He was simply someone collaborating temporarily with Qin Zhichen. So, for Song Mianyin to cook for him personally was already giving him face.

On his first visit to the Qin family today, she was so warm and welcoming towards him... Chen Minglou smiled lightly and replied that he wasn't picky and would eat anything. But he couldn't help wondering if Qin Zhichen hadn't told his parents about the fake marriage.