C14. Congratulations.

Chapter 14

"Shen... Teacher Shen?" Qin Zhishu was the first to react. "Shen... you are from the Shen family?"

Silence ensued as Shen Minglou couldn't bring himself to meet Qin Zhichen's eyes. He simply nodded in response to Qin Zhishu.

It dawned on him then - Qin Zilin and Qin Zhichen shared the same surname, and with Qin Zilin being a local in B City, it was inevitable that there was some connection with Qin Zhichen.

Recalling Qin Zilin's words and remarks about Qin Zhichen, Shen Minglou began to wonder if he was unintentionally trying to turn the Qin family against Qin Zhichen.

Qin Zhichen was his boss, the key to his future, and the possibility of his money being withheld if Qin Zhichen heard of what he said about him and Qin Zilin was real. Shen Minglou forced a faint smile to mask his inner turmoil, preparing to make a quick exit.

Staying any longer meant facing potentially exposing everything he said in front of both Qin Zhichen and Qin Zilin. Shen Minglou couldn't bear to think about how Qin Zhichen might react.

He shouldn't have been so harsh in his words. He should have learned more about Chang Li's background before getting involved.

Having already received their marriage certificate and are about to hold their wedding. With the Kong Miao family,  being like half of his own family for this year, his future was at stake.

If he appeared after the wedding to continue tutoring the family, it might be salvageable. However, jumping into tutoring Qin Zilin without appearing before the Qin family first seemed like a calculated move.

Kong Miao could be explained, but how would he handle Qin Zilin?

His hostility towards Qin Zhichen had been clear, always aiming to defeat him. As the new tutor, he had managed to form a bond with Qin Zilin by presenting themselves as a united front against the common enemy, "Uncle."

However, within just 24 hours of their interaction, he would have to tell Qin Zilin with a smile, "Sorry, but the one you hold in such high esteem is actually the one your uncle is planning to marry."

Not only was he concealing his identity to tutor the family, he was teaching Qin Zilin how to defeat his uncle. This situation would surely raise suspicion.

Especially considering Qin Zilin's age, a crucial time for self-discovery, he might be viewed as a spy sent by Qin Zhichen.

In silence, Shen Minglou felt his well-paying job slipping away. He kept his head down, eyes fixed on the empty seat beside Qin Zhichen, contemplating slipping away unnoticed. "I'll take my leave..."

Qin Zhishu noticed his hurried departure and hastily stopped him, saying, "Hey, please don't go just yet."

He smiled and said, "I was just talking to Zhichen in the car about wanting to meet you, didn't expect you would be Miao Miao's new hired teacher... our fate runs deep."

"Seize the day, let's have dinner at our place today, after all, in a few days we will be family."

Qin Zhichen noticed Shen Minglou's subtle movements and stepped forward, blocking Shen Minglou's path. Towering over him by a head, standing nearly six feet tall, Qin Zhichen stood like a solid mountain obstructing Shen Minglou's way.

Looking down at Shen Minglou's head, he silently counted the swirls of hair while his face took on a cold expression. "If cousin says so, what do you think?"

Shen Minglou hesitated, feeling it would be better to go back home. However, he couldn't voice his true thoughts.

"I think..." he began, but quickly glanced at Qin Zhichen's expression and added, "Will this be a bother to you?"