C44. Don't you remember me?

Chapter 44

Shen Minglou didn't dwell on the minor incident of that night, as the kind and helpful senior who had crossed his path gradually faded from his mind amidst the heavy workload of his studies.

The campus was too vast, bustling with people coming and going. The chances of them meeting again were slim—especially since his eyesight was still weak, and that night had been shrouded in darkness. Even if that senior were standing in front of Shen Minglou now, he might not even recognize him.

Instead of reminiscing about past warm gestures, Shen Minglou focused on completing his current academic tasks...

Leaning against the wall, Shen Minglou slowly descended the stairs. As he reached the penultimate step, he saw a bright light piercing his eyes, casting a few shadows before him.

Accompanying the harsh light was the scorching heat that engulfed him as he trod on the sun-baked ground. It felt as if fire danced beneath his feet, and even the breeze seemed laden with fire, offering only heat with each breath.

Squinting in the bright light, the sun beat down mercilessly on him, scorching his hair.

"What should we eat later?"

"I don't know, it's so hot, I don't feel like eating..."

Several people brushed past Shen Minglou, walking swiftly, creating a gust of wind that provided some relief from the heat.

Hearing their conversation, Shen Minglou also began thinking about what to eat for lunch.

He had planned to have a meal with Chang Li and others, but Chang Li had to urgently return home, and Chen Xiang was called away by the club, postponing their shared plans.

The voices of their apologies seemed to echo in his ears, making Shen Minglou sigh in relief, lightening his step.

Since they had promised to take care of him until his eyesight improved, they treated him like a disobedient child, always making sure he was with them—during classes, he had to sit between them with one on each side.

Recalling the incidents in class, Shen Minglou shuddered involuntarily in the scorching sun.

Whenever he tried to retrieve a pen from his bag, Chang Li would swiftly hand it to him, even uncapping it and placing it in his hand, saying, "Please."

When he needed a notebook from his bag, Chen Xiang would promptly lay out his books and notes on his desk, even flipping to the day's lesson content, saying, "Page seventy-four, I've already turned to it for you, no need to thank me."

Although Shen Minglou might have accepted such care without complaint if he were a child, he was their same age... and this level of care was a bit too much!

He could handle these little things on his own.

...After expressing this sentiment to Chang Li and others, even though Shen Minglou couldn't see their expressions, he could sense their disappointment and sadness from their sighs.

Having never encountered such a situation in his past life, their melancholic sighs seemed to echo in his mind in 3D, tugging at his heartstrings. Softening his heart, he relented.

If he was once like a child tethered to their belt, he now felt like a young master on display.

During their meals together, before he could even reach for his chopsticks, they would already have filled a bowl with protruding dishes for him.

Shen Minglou had never experienced such a scenario, but he was reluctant to hurt their feelings and had to numb himself, transforming into an emotionless eating robot.