C6. Take a Picture.

Chapter 06

Zhou Yuxian froze in place, looking at Shen Minglou with a complex expression, "Are you Shen Minglou?"

Shen Minglou met her gaze, nodded, then turned his head to avoid her eyes.

How could he have imagined that the person crying in the marriage hall was actually Qin Zhichen's childhood friend's sister?!

But upon closer reflection, who else would be crying so loudly here?

Watching Shen Minglou evade her gaze, Zhou Yuxian's indignation turned into a sense of injustice.

She had never met Shen Minglou, but had seen Shen Mingxin before. She speculated that Shen Minglou probably looked similar to Shen Mingxin - after all, they were brothers, and siblings usually looked somewhat alike.

Shen Mingxin always had a sly look, as if he was calculating something. Despite appearing presentable, Zhou Yuxian had no favorable impression of him, so naturally she assumed Shen Minglou was similar in character.

Otherwise, why would Shen Minglou, a normal person from the Shen family, be chosen as Qin Zhichen's marriage partner?

The Qin family was at the top of the pyramid in B City, while the Shen family was merely ants on the ground - their family backgrounds were worlds apart.

Why did Qin Zhichen not choose to stand alongside the Zhou family, to choose her, but instead selected someone she had never even met before?!

Filled with resentment and complaints, she arrived at the Civil Affairs Bureau. She wanted to humiliate Shen Minglou and tear off his mask in front of Qin Zhichen, to show him the true face of Shen Minglou.

She wanted him to know that he didn't need to choose someone like that, didn't need to choose a Shen family member to be their stepping stone.

Qin Zhichen could choose her, the Zhou family would be more useful than the Shen family and could help the Qin Group grow and prosper.

She thought like this in her heart, even simulating dozens of times how she would face Shen Minglou. But she never imagined that Shen Minglou not only didn't look sly, but also didn't seem so malicious.

It could be said that Shen Minglou's act of handing her a tissue to comfort her was very soothing for her inner sorrow. He was the only one here who took the initiative to care for her.

Although he wasn't very good at comforting people, his actions spoke louder than words.

Moreover, Shen Minglou had a gentle demeanor, unlike Qin Zhichen who appeared capable and commanding. Shen Minglou was more like a comforting older brother from the neighborhood.

Feeling aggrieved, Zhou Yuxian wondered why Shen Minglou was so different from what she had expected!?

Aren't he and Shen Mingxin brothers? Why were they so different?

No, Zhou Yuxian suddenly realized, Shen Minglou was still Shen Mingxin's brother after all. They were from the same family, and since Shen Mingxin was so calculating, Shen Minglou must be even more formidable as his older brother.

She couldn't let Shen Minglou's appearance deceive her.

Shen Minglou handing her a tissue to comfort her was just an intentional move to gain her favor. He deliberately approached her and offered comfort.

Shen Minglou, as a high and mighty victor, was now just a victor facing the mockery of a loser. The phrase "Where is your husband?" that Shen Minglou had just said echoed in Zhou Yuxian's mind.

Wasn't that a blatant display of arrogance: Look, he's with Qin Zhichen and they are about to register their marriage. How come you've been with Qin Zhichen for so many years and still haven't succeeded in getting married?