C7. Pest Control Technician.

Chapter 07

As soon as the marriage certificate was in hand, the projects of the Shen and Qin families started immediately. Once the secretary Qin Zhichen left in the company received the message, he immediately notified Shen Shanhe and Shen Mingxin to come for a meeting.

The merger plan that Qin Zhichen and Shen Minglou had agreed on also began today.

Shen Minglou saw that the task for the day was completed and thought that Qin Zhichen would probably return to work at the company. He didn't want to bother Qin Zhichen to drive him back, so he planned to flag down a taxi to go back and get eye drops for his eyes.

Just as Qin Zhichen was about to get in the car, he saw that Shen Minglou didn't follow behind him and instead walked past his car without getting in.

He quickly stopped him, saying, "Shen Minglou, where are you going?"

Shen Minglou blinked, relieving the dryness in his eyes, and was a bit puzzled by Qin Zhichen's question.

"Home...?" he replied.

"The matter is not finished yet. Where do you want to go?" Qin Zhichen stood by the car, the sun was too bright, and he squinted his eyes, looking like he was in a bad mood, almost angry.

Shen Minglou had to restrain himself from flagging down a car and walked over to Qin Zhichen, asking softly, "Isn't it enough just to get the certificate today?"

They had agreed over the phone to get a certificate today and also resolve Zhou Yuxian's relationship issue. Both of these matters had just been resolved.

Was there something else to do?

Qin Zhichen looked at Shen Minglou, who was looking up at him. The sun, shining brightly near noon, made him radiant, and his clothes made him look very pleasing.

Qin Zhichen, dressed in the hottest black, couldn't stand the sun shining on him, and he squinted his eyes, lips pursed in a straight line. Shen Minglou noticed his expression and felt uneasy but dared not ask.

Shen Minglou: "?"

Qin Zhichen stared at Shen Minglou, making him feel strange. After a while, Qin Zhichen finally said, "Get in the car and I'll explain."

Shen Minglou followed him and sat down in the car. As soon as the air conditioning was turned on, it became refreshing.

He thought carefully about his words, adjusted his tone, and only after the car started did he express his confusion, "Is there something else to do?"

"Let's go to the Qin family with me."

Shen Minglou looked at Qin Zhichen casually dropping this sentence, and his heart felt like it had been exploded by a hundred firecrackers, making him dizzy.

"Go to the Qin family? You didn't mention that on the phone today..." Shen Minglou tried to suppress his inner turmoil, whispering, "Don't you think it's too early for me to go to the Qin family now?"

Shen Minglou knew he had to go to the Qin family, but he didn't expect it to be right after getting the certificate.

He wasn't prepared to face Qin Zhichen's parents.

Qin Zhichen's parents had already handed over the management of the Qin family to Qin Zhichen a few years ago. All major decisions of the company were made by Qin Zhichen, and they had retired to enjoy their lives at home.

"Not too early, just right." Qin Zhichen looked at Shen Minglou's face. "This time, even if you don't see them now, you will have to see them next time. You're dressed nicely today, it's a waste not to go. Besides, this time when you meet my parents, it's not for casual chatter."