C37. Haven't seen you for a long time.

Chapter 37

"Is it okay to put this here, Miss Wang?"

Upon hearing the moving personnel ask this, Xiao Wang replied, "Yes, that's fine."

She watched as the new furniture was being brought into the house, "Is this the last piece? Thank you for your hard work."

"No problem."

The moving team was cheerful, as this was the highest-paying urgent job they had received this month. Urgent jobs involving large items were usually requested by wealthy individuals, offering higher rewards than regular jobs.

This job was no exception, with generous compensation and even higher hardship fees compared to other urgent jobs.

Hard work was worth it for the rich.

After moving the furniture, a large sum of money was swiftly deposited into their accounts.

With prompt and generous payment, their smiles grew wider and their voices were raised as they bid farewell, "Wishing you a pleasant life!"

Xiao Wang chuckled and thanked them once more, watching them enter the staircase before her smile faded.

A pleasant life...

If only she could truly have a pleasant life, she wouldn't have been standing here so early in the morning.

Last night, in the early hours, Qin Zhichen suddenly left the hotel. When the hotel manager brought breakfast in the morning and found the room empty, he was alarmed and immediately called Xiao Wang to ask about Qin Zhichen's whereabouts.

After delivering gifts to the Ding family last night, Xiao Wang had been busy until the early hours of the morning. Despite her physical and mental exhaustion, she had not even had the chance to get a full night's sleep before receiving the manager's call asking for help in locating someone.

The call had jolted Xiao Wang awake. As she reached for the phone to call Qin Zhichen, she noticed a message from him.

Upon seeing that Qin Zhichen had only gone to find someone and had not disappeared suddenly, she felt relieved. However, the next moment, her boss's message asking her to wake up and buy a house made her heart skip a beat.

In the middle of the night, her boss had braved the storm and traveled from the bustling city center of City C to a suburb, instructing her to contact a real estate agent immediately as he wanted to move in within a day.

Move in within a day.

Xiao Wang felt that her professional ethics were being challenged.

Despite the handsome payment offered by her boss, she could only muster a professional smile to greet this unexpected request. She quickly informed the hotel manager of Qin Zhichen's location, comforted him briefly, and then hurriedly contacted the real estate agent followed by arranging for a local moving team to purchase a bunch of new household appliances for this secluded new building.

As Xiao Wang looked at the neatly arranged home appliances in front of her, wiping the sweat off her forehead, she finally managed to salvage her high professional standards.

Standing at the entrance, she continuously glanced at the door opposite, trying to discern any activity behind the closed door.

Suddenly, the opposing door swung open, and her boss emerged quietly, closing the door gently behind him.

Upon seeing this, Xiao Wang straightened her back and pushed the door wider, allowing Qin Zhichen to have a clear view inside.

She obediently called out, "Mr. Qin, everything has been arranged."