C17. Exchange.

Chapter 17

Shen Minglou had just finished a series of exhausting procedures and was too tired to lift his hands. Qin Zhichen sat with him in the hotel room, taking a sip of water to conceal his smile at the sight of Shen Minglou collapsed.

"Now that the filming is over, you'll feel better soon," he reassured.

"I hope so," Shen Minglou sighed. Perhaps Shen Mingxin and the others' performance today was too clumsy. Compared to Qin Zhichen, who was simply a considerate and warm presence, Shen Minglou had let down some of his guard.

Softly, he said, "I never thought marriage would be this troublesome."

Upon hearing his complaint, Qin Zhichen asked, "Have you... never thought about getting married in these years?"

Shen Minglou was candid. Because of the instability of his eyes, he had never considered marriage, not even love.

His thoughts were simple, living the rest of his days alone, carefree.

"No."

He said, "I haven't really thought about it, and I'm not very popular either."

Glancing at Qin Zhichen, who was looking handsome and well-dressed today, Shen Minglou remarked, "If you were not marrying into the Shen family, I probably wouldn't have a chance to get married."

Marriage, for him, was like a shackle. He had a time bomb within him, not everyone could withstand its power, nor could everyone accept him.

Qin Zhichen remained silent, and the room fell into a profound silence.

Suddenly, he asked, "Did you invite any friends?"

After getting six invitations from Qin Zhichen last time, Shen Minglou remembered the incident. His face revealed a hint of regret, though not many emotions were present in his tone.

"My cousin will be coming, but the others... are all on business trips and can't make it."

With a deep hum, Qin Zhichen tried to steer the conversation away from sadness, wanting to maintain a light and cheerful atmosphere on this wedding day.

"Have you memorized the names of those people?"

Shen Minglou buried his responsibilities deep in his heart and dared not forget for a moment, "I remember, I'm all set."

"That's good," Qin Zhichen noticed a candy on the table and tossed it to Shen Minglou, "Those people are sly and cunning. When we go out later, make sure you stay by my side and don't leave."

"I will follow you."

Shen Minglou unwrapped the candy, nodding emphatically at Qin Zhichen.

He had only seen photos and heard Qin Zhichen's evaluations, and had not met them in person, so he didn't dare to act rashly.

Xiao Li, as Qin Zhichen's secretary, was also working overtime at the wedding.

He opened the door and said to the two, "Mr. Qin, Mr. Shen, the guests have all arrived."

The wedding scene was bustling, with all the wealthy people in the city of B gathered together for the face of the Qin family. The two most important hosts had not yet arrived, so the guests chatted away in anticipation, some taking the opportunity to promote their companies and attract investments at the wedding.

Apart from the Qin family, everyone harbored a secret in their hearts.

Zhou Yuexian was seated at the same table as You Xing. She sat next to him with a calm expression, seeming to have put everything that happened before behind her.