C5. Chance Encounter.

Chapter 05

"I'm here," Qin Zhichen's voice came from the phone, full of magnetism that tickled Shen Minglou's ears.

Shen Minglou tidied his hair one last time, touched his glasses on the bridge of his nose, and said to the phone, "Wait a moment, I'll be down soon."

Today was the day he and Qin Zhichen had agreed to register their marriage.

A few days ago, Qin Zhichen had warned him that someone might cause trouble, so he had spent these days at home without neglecting his studies.

It was Shen Minglou's first time playing the role of a peach blossom blocker for someone.

Whether during his school days or in his current corporate life, romance was always a distant affair, and happiness belonged to others. He couldn't even lay a foundation for his current job of blocking peach blossoms.

Qin Zhichen was wealthy and generous. A few days ago, he not only treated him to a meal worth three thousand yuan, but also gave him a car worth a million as a deposit.

As long as he successfully kept away all potential love interests from Qin Zhichen for a year, the promised thirty million was practically guaranteed. Then, in the event of a divorce, he would have a place to live and money to spend, enabling him to relax and enjoy life in the future.

In anticipation of his future happiness, Shen Minglou had meticulously browsed various websites and taken notes on various movies and TV shows over the past two days, learning how to block potential love interests for Qin Zhichen.

The allure of thirty million and two villas was too great. Hence, he had purposely gotten up early today, dressed in designer clothes that he had splurged on, presenting himself in a mild and refined manner, minimizing any signs of aggression.

Qin Zhichen's warning about potential trouble was not directed at him personally, but rather at him, Shen Minglou.

Being a person who had never appeared in high society circles, Shen Minglou's sudden elevation to being Qin Zhichen's partner, and furthermore, with the intention of getting married, had made him a target of scrutiny. Given Qin Zhichen's popularity in the social circle, Shen Minglou had become a target of criticism.

There were probably countless people watching behind the scenes, eager to see him make a fool of himself and become the subject of ridicule.

Qin Zhichen's car was parked at the entrance of the residential area. As Shen Minglou walked out, he saw Qin Zhichen's driver opening the car door for him, saying, "Mr. Shen, please."

Qin Zhichen, still focused on the documents in his hand, didn't even look at him as he got into the car.

He politely greeted, "You're here?"

"Mm."

Shen Minglou discreetly surveyed the interior of the car and silently calculated that the price of this vehicle could probably cover the cost of his eye treatments for the rest of his life.

"You have never appeared in the social circle before, and no one knows you, but now it's different..." Qin Zhichen finally lifted his head from the documents, about to continue with his unfinished sentence but, upon seeing Shen Minglou, he closed his mouth and changed the subject, "You look nice today."

"Oh?... Oh, thank you."

Probably because they were going to take photos, Qin Zhichen had also dressed up. He was wearing a black suit, contrary to Shen Minglou's attire. His hair was styled with a side part, revealing his forehead and his strikingly aggressive eyebrows.