C2. Having a Meal.

Chapter 2

"Are all the conditions you mentioned on the phone yesterday true?"

Seated in the private dining room, Shen Minglou faced Shen Mingxin, who had called him yesterday.

Dressed in a grey suit, Shen Mingxin wore a smile on his face, his sharp eyes and eyebrows stood out prominently under the warm yellow light of the room.

Although they were half-brothers, there was hardly any resemblance on their faces, and people wouldn't mistake them for siblings even if they stood together.

"Of course, they are true," Shen Mingxin personally poured a cup of tea for Shen Minglou, every move and gesture meticulously cultivated, "I even brought the documents today. If you make a decision, you can sign them now. I can drive you back home later to get Aunt Xiao's belongings."

Shen Minglou was driven out of the Shen family's villa by Shen Mingxin and his mother as soon as he entered college. Now, Shen Minglou saw every move of Shen Mingxin as a dangerous warning.

In the eyes of the Shen family, he was not a living person, but a lamb to be used to the fullest, to extract all his value.

The conditions they presented were merely a way to lure him, to make him content and obedient, to willingly jump from one fire pit of the Shen family into another.

He could be obedient like a lamb, but the "carrot" dangled by the Shen family had to be completely taken.

Shen Minglou asked, "Where are the documents?"

Shen Mingsin handed them to him, it was a document to sever ties.

Once Shen Minglou signed it, everything related to the Shen family would be irrelevant to him. If he gained something from the Qin family in the future, it would have no connection to the Shen family.

Similarly, any profits in Mountain River Company that belonged to his mother and himself would be taken back and transferred to Shen Mingxin's name.

After a quick glance, Shen Minglou closed the document. He could leave with a clean slate, but Mountain River was built from scratch by his late mother supporting Shen Shanhe.

He could give up his share, but he couldn't sacrifice his mother's share.

The Shen family had a cunning plan—they aimed to erase all their existence and interests by using this marriage alliance.

If he negotiates to keep his mother's share, but leaves on his own, he would still lose his inheritance rights, and his shares would still end up in their possession.

Shen Minglou pursed his lips, feeling disgusted by the Shen family from the depths of his heart. He spoke coldly, "I will take the documents back tonight. I need to consider it further. I will bring them to you tomorrow."

Shen Mingxin chuckled at these words, understanding that Shen Minglou had agreed halfway.

With the project close to success, he wasn't in a rush for the next two or three days. As long as Shen Minglou entered the Qin family, it would bring higher-level opportunities to him.

Shen Mingxin replied, "Sure."

Taking a sip of tea, Shen Minglou asked, "Can the Qin family accept a man taking the position of their CEO's wife?"

Even though it was now an era where same-sex marriage was accepted, those who chose same-sex marriage were still a minority, especially in powerful families like the Qin family.

After a moment of thought, adjusting his glasses, Shen Minglou asked, "Do they know about my eyes?"

Shen Minglou raised his eyes, his light gray, unique eyes reflecting directly in Shen Mingxin's eyes.