C45. Are you popular?

Chapter 45

Leaning against the cold wall, Shen Minglou's mind was clearer than ever before.

The drowsiness that had plagued him earlier seemed to have been flushed down the drain along with his recent actions. He tilted his head back and took deep breaths of fresh air, his mind replaying the dream fragments of his past.

He hadn't actively thought about that time for a long time.

Initially, he thought they had spent a long time together, but in reality, it was just a semester when his eye disease had flared up.

A few years ago, he couldn't see his face, and now, a few years later, he appeared before him again when his eye disease recurred.

What was this?

He lowered his head, facing the darkness in front of him, feeling powerless as he sighed, feeling his way back to his room once again.

Sitting on the edge of the bed, the wind from outside blew in, lifting the curtains and making a faint sound.

*

"I didn't expect you to come early. Sorry for not being able to meet you on time."

The senior told Shen Minglou, speaking with a slightly breathless tone, as if he had just rushed over.

Upon hearing the voice, Shen Minglou immediately rose from the public seat placed on the roadside, comforting, "It's okay, I haven't been here for long either."

"It was my fault..." He paused, then suddenly changed the subject, "As a late apology, let me buy you a drink. It's hot weather, and you've been waiting for me for over ten minutes... I'll be right back."

Before Shen Minglou could respond, the tall figure within his sight walked farther away, eventually becoming a dot in his eyes.

He was indeed very fast, returning to Shen Minglou's side in just a few minutes, his tall shadow enveloping half of Shen Minglou's body once again.

"Here."

The cold, icy drink was handed over to him, and Shen Minglou took it, feeling a slight shiver as his fingertips touched the chilly bottle.

A continuous stream of cold air transferred from his palm, serving as a slight relief from the hot summer day.

"It's hot now, and you've been waiting here for so long. It's not good for your body to drink cold carbonated drinks," the senior said.

Shen Minglou didn't understand why he said that, looking up at the familiar face against the light and then down at the drink bottle in his hand. Finally, he realized that the senior might have thought he wasn't satisfied with the drink he bought, explaining himself to him.

"Thank you, senior."

He didn't particularly have a preference for the drink, nor did he enjoy icy carbonated drinks like others for cooling off.

Shen Minglou smiled faintly, unscrewing the bottle cap, taking a sip, and feeling the refreshing taste in his mouth before praising, "I quite like this flavor, it's very refreshing."

"As long as you like it."

The senior visibly relaxed, seeming to glance at his watch before saying to Shen Minglou, "I had something to attend to, but I've sorted it all out. Let's go."

Shen Minglou nodded, following behind him, "Okay."

After the last meal with this helpful senior and being asked for help, Shen Minglou went back to the dorm to inquire with Xue Mei, asking if she knew this person and gathering more information.