C43. I'm sorry, I didn't see you.

Chapter 43

Shen Minglou took the last bite of his meal, nodding in response to Chang Li's words while chewing. He gestured that he was listening.

Chen Xiang sighed, "If it were me, I would have left as soon as I saw that person outside. But he can stay and finish the game, truly generous."

Chang Li remarked, "Qin Zhichen and that girl are from the same school, he had to save face for her... Although what she did was indeed underhanded, not telling him the whole story and using him to block the other guy from a different school... He really was magnanimous, deciding to part ways peacefully only after the game."

"It's one thing to endure being used, but I couldn't have that kind of mindset." Chen Xiang said, "His family isn't ordinary, so there's no need to endure all that. Besides, no one can harm him anyway. Hopefully, such incidents will be fewer in the future."

Chang Li teased him, "If you were him, you'd probably just rely on your family's status and walk around like a spoiled kid."

"I don't have his conditions, so can't I vent a little?" Chen Xiang saw a message on his phone and immediately put on his earphones, leaving the gossip chat, "Hey, let's stop here. I'm going online to play games, don't disturb me."

"Go ahead."

Lightly tapping Shen Minglou with his elbow, Chang Li asked with a smile, "What do you think?"

Taken aback by the sudden question, Shen Minglou fell into thought. He didn't feel much interest in Chang Li's gossip, as it was ultimately someone else's business and didn't concern him.

As they discussed Qin Zhichen's family background, it was undeniable that he was indeed born into a wealthy and prestigious family.

"It's... fine?" Shen Minglou confessed, "I don't feel strongly about it."

After considering everything, Shen Minglou carefully analyzed Qin Zhichen's situation, suggesting, "After this incident, I feel that he may want to break free from the influence of his family. Since he passed the exam for B University and even secured a spot for further studies, it shows his capabilities are sufficient. But after this incident, his family's reputation could overshadow all his efforts. He must be feeling quite uncomfortable."

"..."

He didn't expect Shen Minglou to analyze Qin Zhichen so seriously, assuming he would banter like Chen Xiang. Caught off guard, he was at a loss for words for a while.

"I thought you would say something else..." Chang Li then realized, "But that's just your style, after all, you don't usually pay attention to these things. What you said makes sense, he must indeed be feeling quite uncomfortable."

"But the young master doesn't need the concern of us working-class folks."

Embracing Shen Minglou like a good friend, Chang Li proclaimed, "He saved face for us today, so I've decided to treat everyone tonight, buying a watermelon to celebrate!"

"Sounds good."

Shen Minglou nodded with a smile, applauding Chang Li's generosity, "Well done, Boss Chang!"

"How about you come with me to buy it later?"

Shen Minglou was about to agree but then remembered he had to meet Xue Mei later to get some medicine, so his nod turned into a shake of his head.

"I have to go see my sister-in-law later to get the medicine from her, so I might not be able to make it."

"Sister-in-law?" Chang Li rarely heard Shen Minglou mention her, "Can you go off-campus now? If not, I can accompany you."