C10. A Job.

Chapter 10

"Hello, is this Teacher Shen?"

"Yes, how may I address you?"

"My last name is Kong." Kong Miao paced back and forth in the living room holding her phone. "I was introduced by Chang Li."

"Ms. Kong, oh... I know."

"Do you have some free time now? I would like to arrange a meeting with you."

"Um... that's fine."

"Let's meet at the café later, I will send you the address."

After getting a confirmation from the other side, Kong Miao took a deep breath and walked up to the closed door and knocked twice.

"Zilin, hurry up and change your clothes to go meet the new teacher with me."

An unwilling voice came from behind the door, "Why do we have another new teacher? I don't want to go out! Teachers can't stay forever anyway, I'm lazy, why not have the new teacher come to our house?"

"No way!" Kong Miao stood with her hands on her hips in front of the door. "Do you think we get new teachers because of you? If it weren't for your grades... you are going out to meet the teacher today no matter what you say, so get ready!"

"What's wrong with my grades? My grades are good."

Kong Miao felt helpless with this child. She sighed in her heart, but her tone remained firm, "You're the only one in the whole world who thinks your grades are good. I'll give you three minutes, if you don't come out, I won't buy you any more games in the future."

"If your dad dares to buy it for you, I'll even confiscate his share," Kong Miao said. "If he asks, I'll say it was your fault, both father and son will be banned from playing games together!"

"No, please!"

Upon hearing Kong Miao's threat, the sound of hurried footsteps could be heard in the room. Soon, the door was opened, revealing a vibrant face of a young boy.

He pouted, "I'm going, I'm going, just don't take my dad's game console."

"It depends on your attitude. Be polite when you meet the teacher later. This new teacher is different from the ones before, so don't create any trouble." Kong Miao flicked the boy's forehead lightly. "Otherwise, be prepared to lose the privilege of playing games with your father."

In his heart, the boy thought losing the game console was nothing compared to losing his mother's love. Losing his game console was fine, but not his father's.

He didn't want to be his father's toy to torment, and his father wouldn't dare to vent his anger on his mother, so he was the only outlet.

Remembering his past lessons, the boy said to Kong Miao, "Mom, give me ten minutes, I'll change quickly."

"When you meet the teacher later, don't act the same as before!"

"I got it."

Meanwhile, Chang Li saw Shen Minglou hang up the phone and curiously asked, "So, what did they say on the other end?"

"She asked me to come out for a detailed discussion."

Chang Li took a bite of his breakfast bun, "That's great, meeting in person will probably seal the deal for you."

Shen Minglou looked at the tutoring request sent by Kong Miao on WeChat, eyebrows slightly furrowed, "...Why is the employer offering such a high price?"

Normally, tutoring sessions cost around four to five hundred per class, but today Ms. Kong directly offered a high price of one thousand per class.

Generally, high prices from employers indicate either a wealthy household or a child who may be difficult and require patient tutoring in certain areas...