C29. Just like your ex-wife.

Chapter 29

On this scorching day, Shen Minglou, sweating heavily, followed the real estate agent to view a property.

Seeing him struggling with the heat, the agent quickly handed him a pack of tissues, saying, "The weather is unusually hot this year, much hotter than in previous years."

Taking the tissues, Shen Minglou replied, "I see."

Concerned that his client might leave, the real estate agent continued warmly, "I'm a local, been living here for over thirty years. It's rarely this hot in City C."

He glanced at the sun, the blazing light hurting his eyes, "Usually, when it's this hot, heavy rain follows."

Observing the greenery in the area, Shen Minglou noticed the lush trees spreading shade and light filtering through the leaves.

The agent reassured, "But don't worry, the drainage system in this area is excellent. There won't be any flooding or water accumulation."

He then led Shen Minglou into the building, pressing the elevator button for the unit, "This apartment faces north and south, gets plenty of sunlight, and is convenient for drying clothes."

Nodding, Shen Minglou kept the information in mind.

He inquired, "I prefer peace and quiet. How many units are on this floor?"

"Two."

As the elevator doors opened, the real estate agent led Shen Minglou to the doorstep of the apartment. Smiling, he said, "This building is new, with few tenants yet, so this floor is currently unoccupied."

"It's quiet here, with good soundproofing."

Unlocking the door, the agent showcased the apartment's layout to Shen Minglou.

Shen Minglou followed the agent through two rooms and the balcony, eventually pausing in the kitchen as he listened to the agent's explanations.

He found the apartment satisfactory, with the agent not deceiving him.

For him, this apartment would be his hideout for the next six months, the more secluded, the better. Once he had resolved things with the Qin family, he could return to his own place and stay there for good.

Standing by the kitchen window, Shen Minglou looked down and was pleased with the location's geography.

He had been following the agent to five different locations in the past few days, but all the properties were too close to the city center and bustling areas. Today's apartment was far from the hustle and bustle, and being a new building, it had only a few residents.

The weather was hot and oppressive, and with the appearance of the house that pleased him, Shen Minglou didn't want to go anywhere else.

He wiped away the sweat and said to the agent, "This place will do."

The agent was surprised, "Have you made your decision?"

Shen Minglou nodded and walked out of the kitchen, looking at the empty living room, "This is it."

"Alright, let's go back and sign the contract later..."

While the agent was still talking, Shen Minglou wasn't listening.

He took out his phone to check the date, then opened a messaging app where Qin Zhichen's chat window was at the top.

Shen Minglou clicked on a red dot, entering the message Qin Zhichen had sent him, "When are you returning to City B? I'm almost done here, probably another two or three days."