C24. Are you my bodyguard?

Chapter 24

Chang Li glanced at the rearview mirror and asked, "Why is that car always following us, your bodyguard?"

"Hmm?" Shen Minglou looked in the rearview mirror and saw that the black car that had just brushed past them was now following them.

He squinted slightly, feeling puzzled.

Shen Minglou returned to City C under the guise of a "business trip" this time, and had not brought Qin Zhichen's bodyguard with him. He had even specifically told Uncle Qin that the bodyguard could have a month off.

He didn't want to attract too much attention while on his business trip, as having a bodyguard would make him easily recognizable.

Uncle Qin agreed and quickly gave the bodyguard time off, so none of his bodyguards should be here.

Furthermore, he wanted to avoid Qin's surveillance. What would be the point if a bodyguard was following him?

Could it be Qin Zhichen's doing?

No, based on his experience at Chen Xiang's wedding last time, Qin Zhichen would not have sent a bodyguard to follow him when he was accompanied by others.

Shen Minglou stared at the black car, examining the license plate number.

It wasn't a Qin family license plate.

Shen Minglou asked, "Can we shake him off?"

Chang Li looked at the rearview mirror, his relaxed expression turning serious. "It's not easy to shake him off."

"If it's not your bodyguard... do you know who it might be?" Shen Minglou's right eyelid twitched, quickly running through people with grudges against Qin Zhichen in his mind, hesitating to find the most likely candidate.

"I'm not sure," Shen Minglou hesitated and whispered, "Besides Uncle Qin, no one knows my itinerary."

Chang Li added, "So it was premeditated. They've probably been watching you, and followed you when they saw you were on the move today."

A light bulb went off in Shen Minglou's mind.

Premeditated.

He had encountered people with grudges against Qin Zhichen, but they had no real interest in him. Would they really send someone to monitor his actions?

...If it wasn't someone with a grudge against Qin Zhichen, then it must be who was following him.

Shen Minglou rarely made enemies, and being brought into Qin Zhichen's circle didn't mean much. Others had no reason to tail him.

But if it was the Shen family, it would be different.

Qin Zhichen was already preparing to pounce in City A, and the Shen family might do something drastic if they felt cornered.

Especially since he had betrayed the agreement he had made with them and chose to stand with Qin Zhichen, deceiving them into thinking his plan was foolproof.

If it was the Shen family...

Shen Minglou remembered the incident in college when he was tracked and photographed, and his sexual orientation was exposed to Shen Mingxin, leading to his expulsion from the family.

He furrowed his brow, feeling a heavy weight on his chest.

It felt like the same handiwork as before.

Besides the Shen family, Shen Minglou couldn't think of anyone else who would be tracking him.

"...I suspect it's Shen Mingxin."