C13. Let's Talk.

Chapter 13

As soon as Qin Zilin got home, he took off his shoes and eagerly led Shen Minglou upstairs to give him a lecture.

Being in the 8th grade, his body was in the midst of a growth spurt, standing next to Shen Minglou made him marvel at the remarkable speed at which kids were growing up in this generation.

Kong Miao said to Shen Minglou, "You go with Zilin upstairs, I'll prepare something to drink for you."

"Teacher, come on, let me introduce you." Qin Zilin was very lively, resting his leg on the stairs and effortlessly climbing three steps at once.

Walking ahead of Shen Minglou, he said, "Teacher, before we start the class, should I show you my game console? Have you played any of those games?"

"I have." Shen Minglou guessed that Zilin was about to bring out all of his games, and added, "Let's spend ten minutes looking at the games, and then we can start the class."

"Great!"

Qin Zilin hastened his pace upstairs, his footsteps echoing loudly on the stairs.

Shen Minglou glanced around as he held onto the handrail of the staircase.

Qin Zilin came from a well-off family, living in a luxurious detached villa in the bustling downtown area.

Arriving on the second floor early, he waited for Shen Minglou to come up and led him to the room furthest down the corridor, saying, "Next to the classroom is my room, across from it is my study... and that one is specifically for entertaining guests."

With a key in hand, he ran down the corridor, "I'll go unlock the door first!"

With these words, the sound of the door opening clearly resonated in the corridor. Qin Zilin stood by the doorway, only opening it slightly. He peeked through the crack to check if the furniture inside was neatly arranged before fully opening the door, revealing a bright room to Shen Minglou.

"Teacher, please come in and have a seat. I'll bring my game console."

Moving quickly, without waiting for Shen Minglou to respond, he swiftly opened his room, went inside, closed the door behind him, and began rummaging through his things.

Standing in the room, Shen Minglou was speechless at the room specially arranged by Kong Miao for Qin Zilin.

The room was not big, with a whiteboard and markers placed against the wall, and a desk in front, presumably used as a podium.

In the center of the room was a set of molded student desks and chairs, where Qin Zilin would study. There was also a window in the room, with some potted plants on the windowsill, adding a touch of freshness.

The room was decorated with a strong school atmosphere, resembling a miniature classroom with only one student and one teacher.

For Qin Zilin's education, Kong Miao and her husband had put in a lot of effort.

Qin Zilin emerged from his room, carrying two game discs, and entered the small classroom.

As he was about to invite Shen Minglou to see his belongings, he caught sight of some unfinished comic magazines and scattered papers in his desk drawer. Feeling a bit embarrassed and unsure if Shen Minglou noticed, he walked over with a smile, thinking he had quietly put everything back in place.

He smiled subtly, "Haha."

"Teacher, I've brought the discs," Qin Zilin said.

Shen Minglou came over to him and took the two discs, "I've played these before. After class, we can have a game together."