C33. Can you come over to my house?

Chapter 33

The sky was overcast, with gray clouds rolling in the wind.

Amidst the rolling clouds, a few distant thunderclaps could be heard.

Qin Zhichen stood in the hotel room, looking at the tall building across the street, frowning as he turned his back to Xiao Wang, "Are they still unwilling to compromise?"

"At the moment... it seems so." Xiao Wang thought about the contents of the phone call earlier, hesitatingly said, "I'll go try to persuade them again."

Qin Zhichen watched the people coming and going on the sidewalk below, a flash of light appeared in the sky, followed by a distant rumble of thunder.

In the summer in the South, sometimes it only thunders without raining.

His gaze returned to himself, "There's no need to persuade them, I don't want to wait any longer."

Qin Zhichen picked up his coat from the chair and headed outside, saying as he put it on, "I'll personally go, and talk to her face to face."

Xiao Wang hurried to catch up, "Personally go...?"

Seeing Qin Zhichen's expression, Xiao Wang swallowed her words, quickly taking out her phone, "I'll notify the driver to come."

"Remember to prepare a gift, and deliver it to the Ding family when the time comes."

"Okay."

Together, Xiao Wang and Qin Zhichen arrived at the hotel lobby, where the car was already waiting outside.

Qin Zhichen walked out of the hotel and before getting into the car, he looked once again at the gray clouds covering the sky, murmuring, "It's going to rain."

Xiao Wang, accustomed to interpreting his words, couldn't quite distinguish if it was a simple statement or had another meaning, so she just softly said, "I've prepared an umbrella."

Qin Zhichen didn't respond to her words, and silently got into the car.

During the journey, he kept looking out the window, his eyes fixed on the pedestrians passing by, afraid that Shen Minglou might appear and he might miss him.

Xiao Wang stopped observing Qin Zhichen and focused on her bag, furrowing her brows slightly, feeling worried that Qin Zhichen might face obstacles when he visits the Ding family.

There had been some friction between the Ding family and Qin Zhichen.

When Qin Corporation established a branch in City C, it was Qin Zhichen who spearheaded the project. At that time, Xiao Wang had just taken up the position as his secretary, accompanying him to City C to select a location. They faced many obstacles before finally deciding on the current location of the Qin Corporation's branch.

Qin Zhichen had a discerning eye and was able to see through things.

He had visited many bustling areas in City C, but none had met his standards. When it came to deciding on the current location, there were no competitors for the area he had set his sights on.

Just when she thought everything was going smoothly, the Ding family unexpectedly made a move and competed with Qin Zhichen for that piece of land.

It was a tough time that she didn't want to remember in detail. Eventually, Qin Zhichen emerged victorious in the competition between the two companies. For the Ding family, a local company, losing to Qin Zhichen was a humiliating affair.

As a result of this incident, there was some animosity between the Qin and Ding families.

The Ding family held a grudge against Qin Zhichen. As a local company in City C, they felt that the establishment of the branch by an outsider had put them in a disadvantageous position. Projects that were almost in their hands were often snatched away by Qin Corporation.