C26. You are Qin's father-in-law.

Chapter 26

The next day, Xiao Tang did indeed return.

She saw Shen Minglou walking up to her and giving him a big hug. "Finally, you're back!"

After saying that, she complained a bit, "Why didn't you tell Auntie when you were coming back? If it weren't for Xiao Yue, I wouldn't have known."

Shen Minglou apologized, "I'm sorry."

Xiao Tang sighed and brushed off the matter. "Never mind apologizing, just remember to tell Auntie next time you come back."

When Shen Minglou heard her say this, he breathed a sigh of relief.

Hu Lin brought Xiao Tang's luggage home and, closing the door, he smiled, "After Xiao Yue transfers over, our family can finally be reunited."

"It will be a happy occasion when he comes back," Shen Minglou said with a smile.

Xiao Tang and Hu Lin exchanged a glance, then cleared their throats. "Hopefully," they said.

Xiao Tang was not satisfied with the way her son treated his girlfriend. She muttered, "It's been so long they've been together, but they haven't gotten married yet. It's all because that boy Xiao Yue doesn't dare to take the initiative, wasting so much time."

"By the way, why did you suddenly decide to come back to stay?" Xiao Tang knew Shen Minglou had entered the Qin family, but was not aware of the details. "Are you planning to break up with Qin Zhichen from the Qin family?"

Hu Lin, busy with his work as a doctor, did not pay attention to gossip news and generally focused on social events. Besides, he was often in City C and Xiao Yue had not told his family about Shen Minglou and Qin Zhichen's marriage plans.

When he heard Xiao Tang talk like that, he asked in confusion, "Qin family's Qin Zhichen... Minglou, are you together with him?"

Hu Lin recalled information about the Qin family from his mind and pondered with a furrowed brow. "That is a big family, have you not been mistreated by them in the Qin family?"

Shen Minglou fell silent, hesitating whether to speak or not.

Originally, he did not want to tell the Xiao family about these things, as it was his closure with the Shen family and his cooperation with Qin Zhichen.

He planned to keep this to himself for at least two years until everything settled down. However, yesterday, both the Xiao family and Hu Lin assured him that as long as he stayed in City C, the Xiao family would protect him under their wing.

This promise was crucial for Shen Minglou, who used the excuse of a business trip to escape from Qin Zhichen.

If the Xiao family could protect him, he could live peacefully in City C without worrying about Qin Zhichen finding him.

Shen Minglou had a difficult life growing up and desired a stable life.

If possible, he preferred to stay in City C, where he was accepted and accommodated.

He hesitated and said, "I have been married to Qin Zhichen for a year."

Hu Lin exclaimed, "What?!"

Before he could ask any questions, Shen Minglou quickly added, "But we are about to separate."

He corrected himself, "No, we have already separated."

The heavy stone in Hu Lin's heart was still hanging afloat. "Married? For a year? How could you not inform the family about such a big matter, that's marriage!"