C16. Repertoire.

Chapter 16

Shen Mingxin, wearing sunglasses, gazed at the tall building opposite him, a smile playing on his lips.

Taking off his sunglasses and tucking them into his coat, he entered the lobby. The receptionist saw him approaching and a faint blush appeared on her face as she greeted him, "Hello, do you have an appointment? Who are you here to see?"

Narrowing his eyes with a sparkling smile, Shen Mingxin replied, "I made an appointment the day before yesterday. My surname is Shen, and I arranged to meet with Mr. You today for business discussions."

The receptionist was momentarily dazzled by his smile, and after checking the records, she confirmed the appointment.

Smiling back, she directed Shen Mingxin to the elevator that would take him directly to Mrs. You's office on the 28th floor. "Mrs. You is on the 28th floor; you can go directly from there."

"Thank you."

Watching him walk away, the receptionist touched her slightly flushed face and turned to her colleague, discreetly asking, "Do you know who he is? He's very handsome."

Her colleague whispered, "You're new here, aren't you? That's Shen Mingxin, the general manager of Mountain River. He often comes to see Mrs. You."

The receptionist exclaimed, "Oh, he's Shen Mingxin! Isn't his brother the one getting married to the president of the Qin family?"

"Yes."

Recalling Shen Mingxin's face, the receptionist sighed, "If his younger brother is that good-looking, I'm sure the older brother is no slouch either... so envious."

Seeing that no one was paying attention to her, she continued gossiping with her colleague, "I read in the news that his brother is a graduate of a prestigious university with an impressive education. He's so focused on his studies that he doesn't like to show his face in public... their family really keeps their privacy well."

"If it weren't for the wedding tomorrow, and they hadn't announced it, I wouldn't even know he had a brother."

Upon hearing her words, her colleague chuckled and handed her the documents, saying, "Stop thinking about their affairs. Their marriage doesn't concern you. Get back to work."

"But this is big news; not only Shen Mingxin's brother, but Qin Zhichen is also very exciting. The Qin family is a prominent one, and they're welcoming a man into their family..."

*Ding*

The elevator stopped at the 28th floor, opening its two doors for Shen Mingxin.

Finding the person he was looking for in the office in front of him, Shen Mingxin adjusted his appearance, running his fingers over the red leather invitation card in his hand.

With a smile on his face, his shoes echoing on the tiles, he walked towards the office.

A secretary heard the sound and hurried out to greet him. Seeing it was Shen Mingxin, she then went back to her own work and informed him that Mr. You had been waiting for him for a long time.

Shen Mingxin nodded and walked straight to Mrs. You's office door, raising his hand to knock twice.

A slightly hoarse female voice from inside said, "Come in."

Pushing open the door, Shen Mingxin greeted the woman inside with a smile, "Long time no see, You Xing. You finally made it back."

The woman with wavy hair and red lips showed visible signs of weariness between her eyebrows and eyes.