C3. Catching Bugs Together.

Chapter 03

As Shen Minglou pushed open the door, the first thing that caught his eye was Qin Zhichen standing by the floor-to-ceiling window overlooking the busy commercial district. Qin Zhichen taken off his suit jacket, revealing a black vest over a white shirt.

"Hello, Mr. Qin," Shen Minglou greeted.

Upon hearing Shen Minglou's greeting, Qin Zhichen stood up and personally pulled out a chair for him to sit.

"Please, have a seat."

In person, Qin Zhichen was even more stunning than his photos. His sharp eyebrows and narrow phoenix eyes, along with his prominent nose and naturally upturned mouth corners when not smiling, contrasted with his healthy tanned skin. Paired with the shirt he was wearing, he looked efficient and charismatic.

Shen Minglou looked at him in silence for a moment before sitting down. "Thank you, Mr. Qin..."

"You're welcome," Qin Zhichen replied as he returned to his seat. His sleeves were rolled up, revealing his well-toned forearms.

He handed a menu to Shen and asked, "What would you like to eat?"

Shen Minglou politely smiled and said, "Anything is fine, I'm not picky. Just order according to your taste."

However, Qin Zhichen did not want to indulge Shen Minglou or accept his courtesy. He flipped through his menu and said in a soft tone, "Even if you're not picky, everyone has their favorite dishes. Just pick what you usually like."

"This meal is my treat, so please don't hold back."

Turning a page in the menu, Qin Zhichen looked at Shen Minglou with his narrow eyes. "This hotel is the best in B City, and its culinary skills are widely acknowledged."

With Qin Zhichen's words, Shen Minglou had no choice but to agree, "Alright..."

It was Shen Minglou's first time at this place, and the menu in his hands felt heavy, with a leather-bound cover. As he flipped through the pages, he found the imported seafood section on the first page.

After browsing a few more pages, he felt a pang in his heart at the prices but was also eager to try them – after all, Qin Zhichen was treating him to dinner.

He could at least enjoy a little.

Qin Zhichen sat across from him, seemingly focused on choosing dishes but actually keeping a close eye on Shen Minglou. Seeing Shen flip through the menu without making a choice, Qin took the initiative, "Do you have any dietary restrictions?"

Shen replied, "None."

"Then let's start with their seafood dishes," Qin suggested.

He continued, "I heard from Shen Shanhe that your mother is from C City."

Shen Minglou was slightly surprised to hear Shen Shanhe bring up his mother and even mention her hometown.

"Yes, my mother is from C City," he replied.

Qin Zhichen pondered for a moment, "C City is by the sea, with a focus on braising and steaming dishes. How about trying a signature dish from C City?"

Shen Minglou's heart was filled with a mixture of surprise and apprehension upon hearing Qin's suggestion. He was pleased that Qin remembered to inquire about his mother's hometown on their first meeting, a level of thoughtfulness that few people showed.

Yet, he was also wary as it was their first encounter and Qin seemed overly prepared to deal with him.

Wasn't this too much for a first meeting?