C28. Sorry, I stepped on your lamp.

Chapter 28

Located near the sea, City A is a city famous for tourism.

Qin Zhichen sat in the hotel suite, holding an intricately crafted invitation card in his hand.

A prominent family in City A was hosting an 18th birthday party for their child, organizing a cruise party with many guests to make a memorable impression in the child's mind.

It had been a long time since Qin Mingxin had met him, and news about his appearances had become scarce.

If Qin Zhichen hadn't sent people to monitor his condition in his company and residence, he would have doubted whether Qin Mingxin had slipped out of City A like a cicada shedding its skin.

With a light purple card between his fingers, Qin Zhichen turned to Xiao Li standing beside him and asked, "Mr. Qin, should you go?"

Qin Zhichen turned to look at the scenery outside the floor-to-ceiling windows, with the sea shimmering under the sun, waves crashing layer upon layer.

"Yes."

Shen Mingxin urgently needed someone to help him out of his predicament. He knew that no one in City B could help, so he intentionally came to City A to find new connections.

Therefore, he would definitely attend the birthday party today.

Shen Zhichen had been in City A for over half a month, with ten more days until the operation was concluded. He didn't mind going in person to crush Shen Mingxin's hopes.

"Tell them that I'm just making an appearance, don't let any complications arise," Qin Zhichen said, lifting up the purple card with his back to Xiao Li.

Hearing the phrase "complications," Xiao Li paused, knowing he was referring to the incident with the Shi family before.

The Shi family was on the verge of collapse. After Qin Zhichen arrived in City A, they even sent Shi Tao to come and apologize, but Qin Zhichen refused to meet him.

The Shi family received no assistance and returned to City B to seek help from Qin Chaoxing and Song Mianyin. However, after hearing the full story, they only offered a few perfunctory words.

As they bid farewell, Song Mianyin expressed her stance, "Let the children handle their affairs, besides, Shen Minglou is like a son to us."

"What is Shi Tao trying to achieve by doing this?"

With these words, it became clear to the Shi family that they were not willing to extend a helping hand. Song Mianyin was even displeased with their attitude towards Shen Minglou.

Snapping out of his thoughts, Xiao Li nodded, "I'll contact them right away."

As Xiao Li's footsteps gradually faded, accompanied by the closing of the door, the suite returned to silence.

Qin Zhichen picked up his phone, opening a chat with Shen Minglou.

Their last conversation had been three hours ago, ending with a cute expression from Shen Minglou.

Qin Zhichen read through it several times before finally calming his emotions.

Even though he had been here for over half a month, the complaints of being disturbed by others still lingered in his mind.

As he looked at the chat history, viewing the daily photos shared by Shen Minglou, wearing a faint smile on his face, and planning to inquire about Shen Minglou's work progress, a message from Qin Zilin suddenly popped up.

[Qin Zilin: Uncle, are you there?]

Qin Zhichen quickly typed four letters on the phone keyboard: "What's up?"