Broken Speech

|🌟|Neteyam POV:

- I have always loved helping others, helping strangers and friends, and of course mostly my family, family is everything to me, we grow and care for each other together and sometimes it's not even by blood, it's how we feel.

Family is not the ones who birthed you, they are the ones who raised you. A lot of people should know that and never say otherwise,

So yeah, my family raised me so they are my family and I will be grateful for everything they offered me and I'll try my best to offer even more back, because love isn't free, nothing is free, trust me.

That's why I must put them first over my feelings over myself, because how could I show respect and bring honor to my family if I don't?

That's right, I don't bring honor, or pride to them yet because I was so blinded by the selfish view of having a love interest in my life, at such a young age, I'm too young for this, I have to be there for my family and as time will age maybe one day I will try relationships again but for now? No, now I have to be strong, I have to fight the urge to just run away and respect my family, respect my legacy.

I went back into the kitchen after closing the door of Lo'aks room, I sat down got myself some water placing a hand on my forehead, as Kiri appeared at the front door, " Oh, You woke up " She added, I nodded to her, " Where did you go? " I asked her, " Well- Rotxo wanted to show me a place, we hang out a little, " Kiri said with a sweet smile, I yawned,

" Was Lo'ak awake? when you left...? " I asked her, she nodded back to me as she took some water for herself too, " Why did you leave than- " She tilted her head a bit at me, " You know how he can be after an episode like that, why would you leave when he is in such a bad state? " I asked her again, she frowned at me, " Well- he looked fine, when I woke up " I sighed.

" He wasn't fine, he got some of Dad's drinks, he's literally dead drunk, sleeping right now, You shouln't have left like that, sis " I added trying to not sound so protective, " Well how should I know that, Neteyam- It's not like he's a baby he can take care of himself " I got up as she sat there laid by the kitchen counter drinking her glass of water, " Well, you should take care of him he's our brother and when he has to deal with issues like this we need to be there for him, like he would be for us "

" I know that, And I will be there when he needs me, but that doesn't mean I can't make myself time for other people I care about too..."

I frowned.

" But he needed you. "

" Rotxo needed me too, so we hung out, you know he maybe had something important to tell me if he asked me to hang out, maybe he had an issue maybe he needed me too, and even if he didn't, I can't stay around Lo'ak twenty-four, seven, because he's not my child, I can't help him with professional help because I am literally the same age as him. "

I don't get it.

" He needs his parents Neteyam, even if we show him all the world help and love we can offer, he needs his parents like we need ours, I am not his mom and you are not his dad, if he truly had an issue whatever is that he needs a loving father and mother next to him because he already had us and look how that worked out! "

" Kiri, but- "

" No. Neteyam, listen I understand that you want to help him, like I do like I always want to help you both, you are just what- a year older than us, you're not an adult you have your problems you're own life, we all need help and to be cared about by the ones who give us life. by our parents, you can't replace a father for him, and I can't replace a mom. "

" But we can, if he needs us. " I added, with a serious tone, as Kiri put down the water glass and continued frowing at me, " So you can just replace everyone's dad with yourself? then who is going to be you're father, still you? Are you going to be your own father? " I frowned even more, what is she saying, what has gotten into her, now?

" I'm not. Father cares, he will help but until then- " She interrupted me once again, " Where is he then? if he cares so much, and when will he help, hm? when Lo'ak will be so broken, so hurt from punching things from drinking? and when you will be so tired and fucked up by caring about this family, what I'm if going to just leave this neglecting family? when one of us- will eventually go and fucking KILL THEMSELF? WHEN? NETEYAM! "

Spechless.

Her breath heavy almost tears in my sister eyes, I felt a glup in my throat, " I will not act as a parent to Lo'ak. I will not be his mother because our mom is too busy with ewya knows what, I'm going to spend some time with my boyfriend too because he makes me so fucking happy. If you want to be that blind and full of this sick caring father figure, go on, be everyone's father if you want that, but don't come to me when you will end up broken. "

...

" Have a good day. Brother. " She added, and just like that she stormed out the front door smashing it back, closed, as I was left in the kitchen just- speechless...

What the hell was this, why did she get so mad, what the hell is going on in this family why can't I keep them together,

Why do I keep failing them, why...

Why.

Why, Neteyam.