Task Two - Bloodbath - Males

District One - Apollo Leier

The countdown echoed around the heather plants, easily heard above the whistle from the blowing wind. I had to squint to see without my eyes tearing up and refused to crouch down like some of the other tributes, when the games started, I wanted to be ready to run to the breath-taking ruins I saw, after exchanging looks with Blissia and Diamond, I figured it was the place they were going too, as soon as they had gotten their weapons.

A beeping pushed into my thoughts, and after briefly looking up, I jumped away from my platform and ran towards the tumbling down castle, everything else seeming to blur around me. Very few others attempted the run to it, and quickly, I was hidden among the rubble, the rock looming above me as I watched the bloodbath from a relatively safe place.

Enviously, I watched as Solum used the bow he had gotten to shoot Hyde and Tyler, both making a run for the crags, others, who had also gone that way, quickly got out of range as he fired and nearly took another girls head off, she dropped to the ground, obviously happy to be alive, and disappeared, Solum's attention already on another target.

I looked up at Nymphadora- standing atop a platform a few metres away from me- as Blissia, Diamond, Coral, and Marine appeared, all having gotten weapons, pushing my hair back as the wind tugged the un-tamable curls, I stepped forward.

"Where's Elias?" I asked, after a moment Coral shrugged and brushed past me to go farther into the ruins, the others followed, and I hesitated slightly before deciding I would follow.

The shadows cast by the large stones made me wonder if anyone else was hidden here, not many had fallen on the field, meaning quite a few had gotten away. I looked to my left as a figure stepped out of the shadows, he raised his hand, a rock ready to throw, my mouth already opening to shout a warning. However, a large, loose rock fell with a crash, obliterating the figure before I could see who it was.

We stared at the rock for a moment, until Marine noticed Elias leaning in the shadows.

"Did you push over the rock?"

Elias looked behind him, then pointed to himself in a comical way and shook his head, "Me? No, I didn't push over the rock that killed Xavier, but from what I heard, he had a pretty ROCKING personality," his pun brought a small smile to my face and I relaxed, hardly noticing that if any of these tributes wanted to, they could kill me, as I was easily the youngest, and smallest.

"Ow!" Coral exclaimed after a moment, holding a hand to her head, on the ground at her feet lay a sharp stone, discolored a radiant purple among the marble pillars.

"What the-" Marine added as a rock flew at him from the shadows to the right, after a moment another one flew at me, hitting my arm and sending a stinging pain through my system.

Blissia turned to face the rocks as the figures; Shay and Akiya, stepped from the shadows, quickly, she threw a knife, hitting Shay in the eye, falling her instantly. Before Akiya could react, Nymphadora stepped out from where she was hidden and hit her in the back of the head, she fell and Marine stabbed her in the throat.

"There, now the ruins are ours," Nymphadora said, rubbing her hands together with a smirk, almost seeming to enjoy having helped kill the girl. I felt a new respect grow for her as we settled in the centre of the ruins, she had easily killed Akiya, something I don't think I would have been able to do without a weapon. The picture of innocence, but deadly; I found myself doubting that anyone but her could win, then shook my head; I had to win, but that didn't mean I couldn't enjoy the allies I had right now.