Task Four - Spring Cleaning

Faint splattering sounds begin to tap lightly in the unknowing distance and the brownish sky fades to a deep purple as it beholds the glorious anthem.

Xavier Waven, Marine Scales, Devin Chiffon, Maia Trillium, Tyler Palmer

As usual, the last face disappears from the sky, never to be seen again and the Capitol's anthem ceases. The wine-red sky is now painted with the full pampered face of Vinella Cola. She simply gleams down at each tribute with a harmful and somewhat knowing smile.

"Now, now! Isn't this a vile place to be graced by ones presence such as myself? I will never understand why Alithia's ancestors would choose to reside in such a repulsive area. Isn't it time we... cleaned it up? Don't worry... just a few squirts of water here and there."

You realise the faint splattering of rain has journeyed closer and now nervously peppers your dry and scratchy skin.

"Hmm, this will never do the trick to wash that filth away," Vinella chirps, "I'll have to add a few strong herbal soaks for this dirty business. Oooh! You lucky children! I may even use one from my own collection!" She then laughs the vilest album of gurgles and snorts 'one' could ever wish to hear.

"Oh but be careful now... if the right layer of skin protection is not applied, some of the soaps I fear maybe far deadlier than you anticipate..." Her voice cracks with a fake tone of frantic hurt. Her mockingly sad expression switches back to that infamous knowing smile. The smile that knows everybody's secrets.

"Best find shelter then, hadn't we...? And I'd recommend sooner rather than later." Vinella winks and pops what can only be a chocolate coated strawberry in her small, sly mouth.

Task:

The rain begins to fall more and more throughout the next ten minutes. It also falls heavier and heavier with various capitol perfumes that glide across your skin, repairing any cuts and bruises you may have, except for the names on your hands which may be permanent. After about three minutes of rainfall, however, the smell soon becomes overpowering, sickly and causes a tickle of nausea. By five minutes, your skin begins to blister under the oily substance - your clothes and boots are made to withstand this, your skin however isn't. So the bleached rain tears at your flesh and the burns cause searing itchy sensations. After ten minutes of exposure to the rain, you're dead and only a scalded carcass remains.

- After three minutes of the rainfall, a man's droning voice rings out explaining that a LIMITED amount of currently vital items at the cornucopia have arrived. The vital items are modern designed umbrellas, big enough for one tribute to be entirely sheltered and able to withstand the blistering rain and there are three of them.

- Same rules as last task - any pain inflicted on any tribute is also given to members of their alliance, including the rain and death. YOU STICK WITH YOUR ALLIANCE FROM LAST TASK.

- Two alliances must be killed in this task one can be seen but the other must be by your doing. NO BALLOT DEATHS THIS TASK.

- Word Limit - 1,600 words. As well as the usual benefit of sponsors, sponsored tributes may also get an extra 250 word count to their task.

- If you do not hand in you go up for votes, entries are due at 8PM GMT, Wednesday. The last person to hand in gets +1 death penalty.