The Victor: Announcement

This is it, ladies and gentlemen! Memoranda of Terror is finally drawing to a close. The parades have been done, the cannons have gone, the Victor is just waiting to be crowned! But before we do, I've been given a message from the Head Gamemaker to read out, so just sit tight for one more minute.

'Hello, finalists, Gamemakers and citizens of the Capitol. Welcome, all of you, to the announcement of the Victor and the official closing of Author Games: Memoranda of Terror. It is wonderful to see such a strong turn-out, and thank you for coming.

'Thank you first to our tributes. All of you have competed in good spirit and sportsmanship, which has made our job as Gamemakers so much easier.

'Thank you also to my Gamemakers. Pandora did an excellent job in her first Games, didn't she? And Vinella has proved yet again why she deserves her place as a Gamemaker. This Games would not be possible without either of them, so I'd like to see a warm round of applause for them!

'Finally, and most importantly, thank you to all those who have followed their favourite tribute, voted, laughed and cried, and have seen this through even if they weren't entered themselves. We appreciate this immensely and hope that we catch you with our next Games.

Yours sincerely,

Head Gamemaker Alithia Warwell'

Wasn't that nice? Now, the time is drawing on, so let's go straight to the announcements. Voting was incredibly close, folks. In fact, it was so close that we have a tie for third place! That's right; we have a tie! Let's give them a huge round of applause, everybody!

Joint Third Place:  Blissia Valiant (District Two)

Blissia Valiant, aged seventeen, volunteered for the Hunger Games with the pure aim of victory engraved in her heart and mind. The young girl from District Two fussed little in the arena and endured even through the toughest of situations in which she was placed. The girl would laugh in the face of danger; facing certain death numerous times. Forging a professional friendship with Coral Beaudelaire, the valiant girl’s ruthless streak saw her to an esteemed place in the finals. She died with steel firm in her hand and fight through her veins. Ladies and Gentlemen, the fierce and desirable Blissia Valiant of District Two earning a glorious joint third place!

Joint Third Place: Diamond Fabulo (District One)

Her bubbly and flirtatious antics instantly placed her as a favourite of the Capitol during the interviews. Armed with only a nail file she quickly learned to live up to the demands of the Games. Striking up an unlikely friendship with District Three’s Piper Corbet, Diamond, (quite literally in some places), stumbled through the Games with an endearing bemusement. But the more Diamond learned about the Games the more she began to learn about herself. And with the removal of her unlikely friendship we watched as she sunk into the unwelcome shock of reality; battling on despite it all. No longer just Mummy and Daddy’s little angel – Diamond proved herself worthy of the friendships she had forged in the end.

Two stunning Career girls there, both of whom have done their wonderful districts proud. And now, onto the announcement you’ve all been waiting for; it’s second place! Are you sitting comfortably?

Good! I guess we’d better get on with it then.

Ladies and gentlemen, let’s hear a massive round of applause for the Memoranda of Terror runner-up…

Second Place: Vixen Axwell

When a terrified young Vixen stuttered off his podium at the bloodbath, none of us could have ever imagined that we would see him take second place. Vixen was the young and silent member of his initial alliance but showed the courage of one much older to see his way through harsh rain that took the life of his ally Elias. However, he came into his own when he discovered the company of the girl who was to become like the older sister he had never had; Coral Baudelaire. Driven on always by the strongest love of all – the love between a boy and his cat – Vixen surprised us task after task after task and is deserving of his amazing achievement.

And that means, as you all know, that ladies and gentlemen we have our victor! It’s Coral Beaudelaire!

From the moment Coral stepped onto the stage at her reaping, we in the Capitol knew that she was one to watch. Her interview made her motivation plain; nothing was going to stop this understated beauty from proving herself to her twin sister, and truly nothing did. With a cautious and aware approach, Coral nevertheless watched as her younger allies fell around her and her eyes were opened to the truth of the Games. She found a kindred spirit in Vixen, also tormented by a twin sister, and the two of them formed a touching partnership to see themselves through to the final. And it was in the final that Coral shone, and it is with great pleasure that we crown her the victor of Author Games: Memoranda of Terror!

Congratulations to Coral and to all our tributes! Thank you for a great Games, and we'll be seeing you soon!