Quarter Finals - Memory Lane

There is no moon tonight.

Piper Corbet, Nymphadora Dryadia Hamadry, Solum Magnus.

As usual, after the final face has faded, a Gamemaker appears in the sky. This time it is Alithia Warwell. Her appearance is as precise and no-nonsense as ever, but is there something slightly softer in her expression...?

"Here we are; the final eight. Congratulations, tributes. You have done well to survive this far. These Games have not been easy. You have been tested physically and mentally, and you are the ones who have passed. Take a moment to think of those who have fallen, to understand what is behind you and to prepare yourself for what lies ahead."

Everything is still, everybody in Panem thinking of the fallen. Allies, friends, these Games and past. You look around your alliance; who are they thinking of?

"In exactly twenty four hours, the bonds attaching you together will be released. Already they are fading, but if I were you I wouldn't attack each other yet, just to be sure. You will be free to go your own way. The scars are permanent, I'm afraid. But the marks will be the least of your worries; the Games ahead are fit to test even past victors."

By tomorrow, you could be dead. You wonder if this is all she's come to remind you of as a chill breeze sweeps the heather. The scent of Vinella's perfumes still hangs in the air and traces of Pandora's fog still lurks in the shadows.

"As we speak, our Capitol researchers are preparing to interview your families and friends. But we are aware that they are often limited for time and tend to only provide half of the story. We would like you, in this final twenty four hours before your alliances are disbanded, to share your story with us. Remembering home should provide ample motivation for the road ahead." She sighs a little, looking down on the eight remaining tributes, and brushes a strand of hair into place. "Good luck, tributes. I look forward to welcoming one of you to the Capitol very soon."

The screen flickers off and you are left in the dark.

Task:

- Your character has already told their story; now they must listen while another member of the alliance shares theirs. Be as imaginative as you want, but true to character at all times.

- Diamond Fabulo will join with Elmo Wattson for this task.

- You may kill one person in the task, as well as two by ballot deaths. Kill people as individuals, not as alliances. You are not allowed to kill any of your alliance. Sponsored tributes are an exception and may use one of their ballot deaths to kill one of their alliance. As usual, please specify the deaths at the end of your entry.

- Word Limit: 1,250. For everybody.

- Deadline: 22:00 Capitol time [10 PM GMT], Sunday 5th May. Last to hand in receives +1 death toll.