71] Flip The Coin

When Bex woke up she felt okay, she didn't feel different

When Bex woke up she felt okay, she didn't feel different. She didn't even notice Sejanus walk into the room, and the first thing he noticed was her hands shaking, "It would seem like you need my time now."

Bex quickly nodded and the former Capitol Elite wasted no time in getting onto the bed taking the girl in his arms as she buried her head in his chest, "She's gone, he's gone. They killed them...the streets empty. Why is the street empty?!"

Sejanus kept his hand on her head as she sobbed into him, "Why is it empty?!"

After what seemed like hours, Sejanus stood up from the bed as Bex was lying down just as Finnick walked into the room, "Is she okay?"

Sejanus walked over to him, "She kept saying...why is the street empty. I think...I think this was it for her. I've seen her bad, I've never seen her like that. It was like...all her pieces fell, Finnick." 

Finnick shook her head, "No. No I don't believe that. Go find Cash and Gloss, Coin wants all the previous Victors."

Sejanus nodded as he walked into the room and Finnick walked over to Bex and crouched down in front of her, "Hey...if you don't want to say the word but...Coin wants all remaining Victors." Bex didn't say a word she just nodded, "Okay...okay, let's go, yeah?"

With a lot of help from Finnick, Bex stood up from the bed and the pair walked out of the room, "I got you the entire time and if you want to leave just leave, I'll be behind you there as well."

The pair walked into a room where there was a large table in the middle of it, Bex was ready to burst into tears right there and then when she saw Johanna at the table, Johanna practically jumped from her chair and tackled Bex, "Easy, Jo." Finnick warned

"I'm so so sorry." Johanna said, Bex paused for a minute before hugging Johanna back.

After a moment the pair pulled away and Finnick put a hand on Bex's back leading her to one of the chairs before he sat down beside her. It was silent in the room, the only interactions were the nods between the Victors. They wanted to say more to each other, but they didn't trust their environment.