Are you okay?

Context: they're dating, and have been for years.

Cw: brief mention of wanting to die. (This is just me projecting, but it's fluff dw)

Eteleds pov

It was quiet. I felt Austin's steady breath rise and fall beneath me. He was patting my head gently as we cuddled quietly in bed.

11:38 pm, the alarm clock glowed. There was barely any light besides the alarm clock, but I saw his glowing, white eyes look down into my almost vantablack eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asks, and I think about the question. I felt.. good. And I'd been feeling good. Within the last year, my life has been so much better. I didn't feel that empty, numb pit in my chest anymore. Because of Austin.

I nod quietly.
"I'm.. more than okay. I... I'm happy. I feel happy, because of you." I smile, closing my eyes. "You make this afterlife worth living. You're the reason I wake up happy, rather than wishing I would be given the mercy of dying in my sleep. You make me wanna live..."

There's a brief silence.
"I... didn't expect all of that." He lets out a small nervous chuckle.
"Sorry. Didn't mean to ramble. I just meant, yeah. I'm okay." I kiss his collarbone.

"Don't apologise, love. It was sweet. And I'm so glad that you're doing better. And I'm so, so proud of you for pushing forward." He rubs my back in circles.
"I couldn't have done it without you..."
"Even so, I just helped. I was just the emotional support. You did all the actual fighting yourself, and I'm so proud of you for it."

I hum softly as he kisses my forehead.
"I love you..."
"I love you too, my sweet boy..."

ALSO YES, IM STILL WORKING ON PREENING.