Drunk Austin (Aftermath 2)

this is part 2/2

"..Wait." He called out suddenly.
"Hm?" I hummed in confusion.

"You don't have to leave, if you don't want to. Being alone while hung over isn't fun. And especially your first one. Hell knows I'd know." He chuckled softly. "But if you wanna leave I won't force you to stay. I know you hate me and all but-"

"Did you not listen to a word I said before I passed out?" I slanted an eyebrow.
"What?" He seemed very confused by that statement.

"About how I don't hate you and shit. God, and I'm supposed to be the one with the memory loss."
"I thought that was just drunken nonsense."

"Like they say, drunken words are sober thoughts. Or something." I sat down on the bed beside him.
"Yeah, well going by that logic you also wanna fuck me. You sorry for thinking it was drunken B.S." He replied sarcastically.

"And who says I don't~?" I teased. His face immediately became a crimson red.
"I-I, w-what-??" He stuttered.
"Damn, you're easy to fluster." I chuckled.

"I-" He paused. "YOU JUST BASICALLY SAID YOU WANNA FUCK ME?? WHO WOULDN'T GET FLUSTERED BY THAT??" He defended. I laughed warmly.

"Fair, fair." I felt the thickness of the atmosphere become less strangling. "Your stuttering if fucking hilarious though."

"Oh piss off." He playfully punched my arm. I gasp dramatically, flipping down onto the bed.
"Damn. Guess I'm defeated." I covered my eyes with one hand.

"You are such a dork." He laughed softly. "But.." I lean up to look at him, resting on my elbows.

"Do you really not hate me? I mean, you haven't shown any signs of hating me any less." He pointed out.

"Yeah well, I'm not used to change. This whole situation feels so weird because I'm not used to it. I wasn't ready for change." I explained, falling back into his bed.

He hummed thoughtfully.
"Your bed is fucking nice by the way. You're lucky that kid can code otherwise you'd still be sleeping on the floor." I pointed out.

"I know. I'm lucky to have her." He smiled.
"Ew what in the Sameled are you on about."
"I MEANT IN A DAUGHTER KIND OF WAY YOU DUMBASS."

I laugh at his reaction. I didn't he'd react that strongly. I try to cover my mouth to contain my laughter but to no avail.

"You're so stupid." He facepalms. I eventually calm myself down.
"At least I word shit correctly."
"THAT WAS ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT."

I snickered at his response.
"Okay, okay. Damn." I was still smiling but I'd managed to stop laughing.

"At least I don't get shipped with an underage relative." He commented.
"OH GOD DON'T EVEN." I almost shot up at his words. I visibly shivered; he laughed at this.

"You're so cruel." I laughed in a sigh.
"Karma." He responded bluntly.
"Touché." I replied. There was a short silence.

"So.. you really don't hate me?" He asked quietly.
"I mean. I'm angry at you still, but I don't exactly hate you." I replied.
"But, how come?" He interrogated. I shrug.

"I dunno. I guess my anger has just been fading with time." I explained. He hummed in acknowledgement. "I'm willing to.. start over, if you are."

There was a pause.

"Please tell me you're not joking." He said suddenly, almost as a plead.
"I'm serious you dumbass." I cocked an eyebrow, looking over at him.

I expected shock and surprise, sure. But what I wasn't expecting was tears to well in his eyes.
"You, uhm- you okay-?" I asked.

He seemed to snap out of whatever state he was in, quickly wiping away his built up tears.

"Y-yeah, sorry." He let out a breathy laugh, looking away from me. "I'd.. I'd like that."

I suddenly got an idea.
"By the way, I didn't catch your name." I slanted an eyebrow, curious to see if he'd play along. He gave me a confused look, before a look of realisation hit his face.

"It's Eteled. And yours?"
"It's Austin."

(sorry I haven't posted in a while i've developed an addiction to character ai 😍👍)