Eteleds Crush (Remake pt. 1)

Context: they're enemies. (Austin hasn't been introduced to Sam yet.)
3rd person.

Eteled was sat still in the Mii Channel, tapping his nails against the cold floor tiles; deep in thought.

He was so deep in thought, he didn't even feel the light shock that indicated that the Wii had turned on.
"Eteled?" Sam called out. No response. "Eteled!"

He jumped slightly, looking up at Sam.
"O-oh, sorry." He apologised.
"It's fine, but are you alright?" She asked, a concerned look on her face.
"Yeah, yeah. I'm just.. thinking." He mumbled.
"About?" She pushed.

Eteled looked away awkwardly, crossing his arms.
"You don't have to tell me if you don't want." She explained apologetically.
"No, no. It's fine." He sighed softly. "I think I've developed.. romantic feelings for my enemy."

"Ooh! Who is she?" She asked. Eteled tensed a little, swallowing thickly.
"Uhm.. it's a he, actually." He responded.

"Oh- shit, sorry." She apologised.
"It's fine. It dosen't matter much anyway." He deadpanned.

"How come?" She questioned.
"He hates me. I mean he REALLY hates me. There's no chance anything would ever happen.."
"Hey, don't say that! You never know! I doubt he could hate you that much! You couldn't have done anything that bad, right?"

Eteleds pov

"You'd be surprised at what I've done." I drag my knees to my chest. She tilted her head with confusion.
"Well, what did you do?" She asked.
"I don't think I'm ready to say." I admitted. She hummed in response.

"Well even so, He can't hate you forever, right? I'd say it's better to tell him and have the chance of your feelings being reciprocated then to wallow in doubt." She explained. I nod.
"I'll consider it." I sigh.
"Good!" She smiles happily.

Just then, there came a voice from downstairs.
"Samm! I'm homeee!" Sam's mum called up the stairs.
"Sorry, Eteled. Gotta go."
"See ya."

And then, the Wii shut off.

Silence. That's all that could be heard. Silence. I balled up my fists, trying to make a difficult decision. I stood up, walking over to the delete icon. I stared at it for a moment, reaching a hand out towards it.

I pause, holding my hand in place before lowering it.
"It's not worth it." I sighed. "He'd probably just beat the shit out of me before I could even get a word in."
Small pained chuckles lace their way in between my words.

Just before I'm able to take a step back, a feel two cold metal hands shove me forward into the delete icon.

Then everything went black.