School AU part 1

Suggested by: @Teddymeadow
Context: they don't know eachother yet. (also they're teenagers + humans in this)
Edit: SORRY FOR THE LONG START BUT I JUST REALISED THE AGE DIFFERENCE WOULD BE ILLEGAL SO FOR THIS ONE THEY'RE THE SAME AGE. (14)

Henry's pov

I was walking through the corridors, looking down at the ground.
I could feel eyes on me from every direction. I could hear the whispers as I walked past.

'What a nerd.'
'He is such a loser.'
'I'd kill myself if I were him.'
'Eww, he is such a freak.'
'Sinful f@g.'

I was so focused on the voices of those dickheads that I didn't realise I was about to crash into someone.

I fell backwards, landing with a light thud. I expected laughter, but there wasn't any. In fact, the halls became much quieter. I looked up to see who I bumped into, immediately understanding why.

I bumped into one of the jocks.
Shit.

I stood up quickly, awkwardly apologising.
"I-I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to I was just being stupid." I pleaded.
"It's fine. I should've seen you coming anyways. Are you okay?" He replied, smiling.
I stood there for a moment, confused.
"Y-yeah." I replied. Before he could reply, I spoke again.
"I- I gotta go." I said quickly, speed walking away.

Why was he nice to me?
Whatever.
Probably just trying to "look good."

Time skip to the end of the school day.

Finally, it's over.
I looked around the pick up area for my mom. She wasn't there.. Again.
Probably dealing with dad's bullshit.

I was just about to start walking home until I felt a light tap on my shoulder, making me jump.
"Oh sorry, did I scare you?" Someone asked.
I turned around to see the same guy from earlier.
"No, it's fine. W-What do you want?" I asked.
"I wanna be friends!" He answered joyfully, sticking his hand out."My names Austin! What's yours?" He asked.
I hesitantly shook his hand.
"Henry." I replied quietly. Just then, his friends called him over to then.
"Sorry I gotta go. See you tomorrow Henry!" He said, walking over to them.
I stood there for a moment, confused.
I brushed it off and started walking home.

I KNOW THIS WAS ASKED OF ME MONTHS AGO BUT IM FUCKING LAZY IM SORRY