Chapter Two

Nick

January 1st 2025.

It seems surreal. I left this place half a year ago and now I'm back and everything feels weirdly right again. I'm on the same street, standing in front of the same house where I met her. Memories start flooding back of that night, that night that I'll never forget.

She changed my life forever. She changed me forever. I'm not the same person I was before and being here again just proves that even more. I walk through the yard into the house, the parties loud music booming in my ears.

I head inside of the house, and it didn't take me that long to spot them. Even in this huge crowd, they all stand out. Grayson, Nate, Mike, Sarah, Sky, Natalia and Azania. They're all chatting, having a good time. Azania is dancing with Natalia.

Azania has silver streaks in her hair, they look happy and I don't want to disturb that, so I lay low and hide inside the crowd. Sky looks at her phone and whatever she sees makes her tell them that she needs to go, and runs right past me without realizing who I am.

Sarah is talking to some other guy, while Mike is talking to girls, Grayson and Nate are chilling on the couch watching the girls have fun. Sarah seems a little bit concerned about Sky leaving in such a rush, but she continues talking to him anyway.

There's another girl with them, she has light green eyes and brown hair. She looks upset, almost betrayed in a way. Eventually Azania, Natalia and Sarah sit down on the couch that Grayson and Nate are on, and then a guy walks up to Azania.

"So how about having another night of fun?" He asks with a smirk on his face and that makes me wonder what exactly Azania has been up to. "Who are you? And why are you bothering me?" Azania responses with a cold tone and an icy expression. "Come on don't act like you don't what happened between us." He says ignoring the hint.

Azania only smirks and says. "Listen here and listen good mama's boy. I don't want you. I never wanted you. You were just a plaything that I used to pass time. You can go run along to your mother, cause I don't care about you. I don't give one shit about you. You could die tomorrow and I wouldn't care."

She says in the darkest, most devilish tone I've ever heard her use. "You're such a bitch. No wonder everybody hates you. You are a cruel, heartless person I can't believe you're happy with that reputation, Heartless Stargirl in truth, you're just an insecure loser who I wasted my time on. Heartless bitch." Mike moved towards him but Azania stands up and stops him.

I could see the anger in Mike's face, but Azania did not give a single emotion out. her face was blank void of anything and the guy just walks away. "Leave him Mike. He's not worth a single glance." She says. "Yeah, but you are and he should show you some respect." Mike grids through his teeth.

Azania turns to him and shakes her head and he backs down. "I can't do this anymore, I have to go." The girl with light green eyes and brown hair stands up suddenly and walks out of the house and Azania has a guilty look on her face as she watches her leave.

Just then, an audible gasp is heard and I turned to Sarah. She's looking straight at me with a shocked look on her face as Azania follows her gaze and sees me. Azania's entire face falls, like her world just fell apart. Like she's seen a ghost. The hate in her eyes hurts more then anything. "Azania I-"

"Don't you dare say anything to me!" She screams and walks past me out of the house pushing me out of the way. The others faces is just a mixture of sadness and disappointment as they move past me to go to her. I don't want it to be like this I just wanted to see her.

You can find updates and edits of my books on my tiktok: mastermind_edition