Chapter Twenty-Five

Azania

"So, I found this while the police were about to arrest us it was underneath my foot." I say showing Mike the pink and white bracelet with the A symbol on it that I found on the cliff. "Wow, that is interesting. Do you think that A stands for Aurora?"

"Probably, but I'm not sure who could possibly have this matching bracelet. And if they do have it, was it confiscated? Did Steyn take it away?" "That's the real question. Either way, I think you should put it in safe keeping until we find any other evidence about it."

"For once, you're actually right." I say putting the bracelet in my jewelry box. I get a notification on my phone So I look at it and see that it's a message from X. The last time I got a message from him, he told me that he killed Emily, and that's when I vowed that I would kill him.

Make sure that I see his last breath. "What's wrong?" Mike asks me, obviously seeing that there's something bothering me. "I just got a message from X and I'm contemplating whether I should open it or not." I say getting more pisssed off by the second. "Open it." Mike says in a serious tone and so I do.

Remember when I told you about that emerald in the rough little one, well time is running out and the lines are running thin. If you don't figure out this riddle soon, eventually the gem will rust and become one with the rocks that it was made from.

- X

"What the actual hell?" Mike says. "What riddle is he talking about?" He asks and all I can think about is the calculations and what the riddle could possibly mean. I mean I thought I figured it out, but maybe I didn't.

I look at it from different angles and for some reason it leads me right to Sky every single time without fail. It's definitely about her but if I'm correct, if this riddle is what I really think it is, then. This goes beyond what I could possibly comprehend right now.

"Mike, you need to call the others right now." I say in a very serious tone so that he knows that I'm not playing around this time. "Alright. Tell me your plan." "I'll explain it. Just call the others." Please be ok for my sake, Sky. Please be ok. Mike, called the others.

They huddled up in my room. Of course Sky is the only one missing. "We have a problem, a big problem that involves Sky. I can't believe that I didn't see it before, but now it's all clear." I say. "What are you talking about?" Sarah asks me.

"I'm talking about how the Sky always wears long stuff. Rain or shine. She always has stuff covering up herself. At first I thought maybe it was just her style, but what if it's not? What if it's because she has no choice? This entire time we haven't even looked at it twice because Sky doesn't really like to share things, she's quiet. She doesn't say much."

"Yeah so?" Natalia says. "So what is Sky covering up? What could she possibly be covering up?" I say. "Bruises. She's covering up bruises." Grayson says.

"Exactly. At first I didn't want to believe it. I didn't want to believe in X's riddle. I just left it as a mystery but now it's no mystery to me. I've cracked the code and I've figured out what he's been trying to say." I say.

"Well, what are we gonna do? We need a plan. We can't just bust it inside there and demand that he gives us her." Sarah says. "Well, we have to figure out something. We can't just leave it." Natalia says. "I mean, this is Sky we're talking about. The sweet, lovable kind Sky."