Chapter Thirty-one

Azania

Present

I can't believe what Sarah told me to think that someone as cheery and sunshiny as her, would go through so much pain. My friends have survived a lot and have suffered great losses. All I can do now is hope that they heal and to think I added to the damage.

I might not even be able to forgive myself. I walk down the stairs and Mike is pacing back and forth, his hair a mess from his hands running through it constantly. He's mumbling something. Himself. I've never seen him look like this before.

So lost. "Is she awake?" Mike asks me as I step on the last step and I shake my head. She doesn't want me to tell him. She's scared of what will happen. But of course Mike can see right through me and knows that I'm lying.

A hurt look flashes on his face, then he just looks down and stays quiet. "Mike." I try to say something to ease his pain, but Nicholas puts his hand on my shoulder from behind me and shakes his head. And I hate to say it, but he's right.

This needs to happen. Between Mike and Sarah, there's nothing that we can do. I just hope that Sarah doesn't hate me for this, but I can't just not help. Natalia and Sky are going out to get breakfast, so it's just Sarah alone in my room.

"Go." Mike looks up at me, confused. "Go to her. She needs you." Sarah told Natalia, Sky and I the entire story last night. When she woke up in the middle of the night. I told Nicholas and he must have told Mike but it just feels wrong seeing her this distraught.

She usually has a huge smile on her face and is ready to conquer and face anything but seeing her like this, so broken, so helpless, it breaks my heart. So I need Mike to help her, because if she doesn't heal neither will I and neither will the rest of us.

Mike goes past me and up the stairs. I hear him open and close my door. I hope that I'm making the right decision, because if I'm not, Sarah might not forgive me for this. "So. Who do you think is next?" I ask Nicholas. "I have no idea." He responds.

"It might be me. As far as I know, nobody else here has any secrets." Grayson says from the kitchen table. His green eyes glittering in the sunlight. "Even if the others do find out, it'll be ok." I say and I can tell that Nicholas is confused, but look passes between Grey and I and he doesn't really say anything.

It's not my secret to share, it's something that Grey has to do on his own. "What time do you guys think they'll be back with breakfast? I'm starving." "I'm not sure but they should be back soon. They left quite a while ago." Grayson says.

Then I walked to the kitchen counter towards him and sit on the seat across from him. The house's walls are not thin, but we can tell that there are voices upstairs. It doesn't sound good. And to put the cherry on the cake.

We get a notification from X, all three of us downstairs and I'm guessing that Sarah and Mike got it too and so did Natalia and Sky. Can he give us a fucking break already?

The story of two tragic lovers. One's an addict and the other one is a victim. It's only fair that I share both of their stories, both of their secrets, for I know them both and all the rest of yours. The addict promised that they wouldn't touch up on drugs anymore. They are a liar. Relapsing is one thing that they do best and they've been doing for quite a while now. How long and how far deep in drugs are you going to go? They were even offered rehab at the end of the year but refused to take the offer. They don't want to heal, they want to stay buried in the past. Will it destroy them or will they prevail?

-X

I'm so shocked by what he's saying that I don't even register that they're shouting upstairs has gotten even louder.