Chapter Thirty-Four

Azania

Blood everywhere. Screams and cries. Usually a normal person would be horrified to witness the sight, let alone be the cause of the persons pain, but he hurt Sarah. Carl Johnson. A nobody really. He may be rich, but he's barely even low class in Steyn City.

He's definitely not part of the council, that's for sure, and neither are his parents. Nobody will miss him. "Please, I'll do anything you want, anything at all. Just let me go, please." He's looking at me, pleading, hoping that I will be the one to save him.

But that's not what's gonna happen. Instead, I take the knife from the tray filled with weapons and I stab him in the leg. "Did you listen when she begged? When she cried, did you stop?" He's too busy screaming to answer me.

"I'll answer for you. No, you didn't." I'm absolutely and utterly furious, more furious than I've ever been in my life. I want to murder him, rip him piece by piece. He's screaming in agony. All of his fingers are broken, blood everywhere. His nose is broken as well.

"Are you sure you're ok being involved in this?" Nicholas asks me. To him, this seems like no big deal, but he knows it's my first time actually torturing somebody. I smile at him. "I'm perfectly fine.

In fact, I've never been happier." I say, simultaneously grabbing the knife and stabbing Carl in the stomach. "He hurt Sarah and now he's going to pay in blood, tears, screams and cries, until he begs for death and then he won't even find his relief." I say, and I look at Mike.

I'm not really worried about myself, but I am worried about him. He always seems so happy and light. Bringing laughter to the table, I never imagined him as a killer. I don't think he truly wants this. But for Sarah, he'll do anything.

I can tell by the way he looks at her, by the way he acts around her. Mike is just staring at Carl. He has blood all over his clothes. Because he was the one to do the on honor of breaking his fingers and breaking his nose.

His knuckles are bloody and blistered and we're in whatever secret chamber is under Nicholas's uncle's house. I don't know what it's used for and I don't want to, but by the looks of it, it's like a prison or a dungeon of some sort. It's the early morning.

We decided to do this before class, which might have not have been a good idea because we need to wash away the blood. I've never seen Mike look so serious before. It's very unnerving. I've never seen him angry, not once in my life, and he looks beyond furious.

Grey and Nate don't even look surprised by this. It makes me wonder what dark secrets these four share together. I look at my phone to see we have an hour to get to school. "Well, we better start heading to school. He'll suffer by himself." I say, walking towards the door.

I have another errand to run. I need to let Professor Alex know that our secret 'relationship' doesn't exist anymore. Not that it did in the first place, but I am tired of having him look at me and ask me to stay behind in class.

It's become very annoying given the situation with X has taken all of my attention. I make it to Nicholas's room and decide to take a shower there. Even if he walks in on me, he's seen everything already and I'm not shy being naked in front of him.

I wash away the blood that's splattered on me like it's poison. I scrub and I scrub and I scrub until my skin blisters. He disgusts me to an unsettling degree.

When I make it to school, I'm surprised to see police cars in front of the door. It seems that all of the students are being interrogated by policemen and I wonder why. I walked up to one of the policemen. "What's happening? Why are you guys here?"

"We found a teacher dead at their house and we wondered if any of the students might have seen him before he died or knew anything." "Which professor are you talking about?" I ask the police officer.

"Professor Alex, we found him hanging off of his ceiling. Figured that he must have had some signs that he wanted to kill himself. There was no evidence of a murder." No evidence of a murder huh, bullshit. I know exactly who killed him, but I'm not going to say anything.

X is not his to catch, X is mine. "Well, I would like to report something else. Regarding Professor Alex." It's about time I spill the beans, I guess. The police officer makes me sit down with the principal and two other police officers by the principal side.

I guess it's a security precaution just in case. After what happened to Emily, things have been tense in the estate, Steyn has been trying to assure everybody, but it's not really working. Emily's parents are basically nonexistent.

I'm not surprised that they are probably moving out of this place. "How can we help you, Miss Woods?" Principal Harry asks. Well since Professor Alex is dead, it doesn't really matter now does it? Either way, I tell them everything that I know.

I told them the text messages and tell them everything that I've done so far. "I thought it was true love. He told me it was, but it doesn't seem like it. Not any more. Now it seems wrong and filthy and disgusting, but I was so in love.

He convinced me I was so in love." I break out into fake tears. I deserve an Oscar for this, I exit the principal's office after he's taken all of the evidence that I have. Nicholas is waiting for me outside and I'm shocked to see him.

He, Mike and Grey along with Nate stayed behind doing whatever the hell they were doing. "Why were you in the principal's office?" He asks me, his eyes panicked. "Will you relax? I'm not going to tell anybody what we've been up to or what's happening, don't you trust me?" I say.

"Of course I do. I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about you. Are you in trouble? Do you need my help?" Oh so that's why he was panicked. "No, I just needed to say a few things and that's about it."

I try my best to seem as convincing as possible, even though I'm not lying, it's hard to not say the whole truth to Nicholas. It was easy to tell him that I hated him even though I didn't, because in my head I was saying I love you, but now that I'm not.

Not telling him the truth feels wrong for whatever reason. I can lie to everybody I know, everybody I love except for him, with him It's just different. That's the way it's always been. I've always been honest with him.

Even when it seemed I was a natural born liar. Last year seems so far away. The fragile little girl I used to be is gone now forever. When I attempted, I killed her, but I didn't die. Instead I was born. "What do you mean by a little something?"

He asked me clearly seeing that, I'm having trouble telling him the whole truth. "None of your business, just to leave it at that." I say firmly. "Why must you be so secretive?" He asks me. "Because then I wouldn't be a mystery, now would I?" I say, only half joking.

I just walked past Nicholas when I feel buzzing from my phone. I looked to see I got a notification from an unknown number. about time.

You're smart enough to know that I killed him. He was a loose end that I had to cut. I am not scared to cut any more loose ends to get what I want. You haven't made any progress. Time is ticking. If you don't hurry up, your friends and yourself will die.

-X

I hate this so much. This weird dude knows everything about us except we don't know anything about him. No matter how many times I try to pinpoint X to someone, I can't. It's like he's a ghost, invisible even to the people that were in Aurora's past.

Speaking of her, we do need to continue the case despite everything that has happened. That's needs to be our number one priority. Time is ticking by pretty fast. It's already July, almost August. Natalia's favorite month.