Chapter Seventeen

Azania

When all of us eventually got to the library the book was gone I asked the library lady and she said that she didn't know what I was talking about she looks so suspicious as if she was afraid of something and that's what's got me even more worried about this adventure we're all doing, this seems so much bigger than we thought and if I'm being honest I don't really know where to begin.

"So what do we do now that this mysterious yearbook has disappeared." Mike says. "Maybe we need to start looking up things about Aurora?" Sky suggests. "I know that our time is running out but our priority should be Emily 

I mean we found her shoe we went to her house found out that her diary was ripped out somebody is trying to hide where she is we need to figure that out first let's just forget about Aurora and this yearbook and this weird thing for now." I say.

"I don't know Azania, X is dangerous he's proven that multiple times." Sarah says a worried look on her face. "I think we should return the shoe to Emily's mother or at least one of us should." Sky says. 

"I mean that suggestion is interesting but we only got off the hook with faking our names because they couldn't show our faces I don't think it's a good idea to go to her house again especially to see her parents." I say.

"If your child was missing wouldn't you want every single bit of evidence?" Sky asks and she has a point. "How about we just leave the shoe at the door that way nobody will see our faces and we can still deliver the shoe." Grayson says. 

"I guess we could try that." I say. "Hey guys. I got a lead." Sarah says, shocking us all. She staring down at her phone with wide eyes.

"Someone just posted a tweet about how they found something weird in the woods. It was a chain leading towards a door that they didn't open. 

It could be false, but it's the best lead that we've got. I mean, what's something like that doing in a place like this?" "Oh my God Sarah, I love you so much. Should we head there now or later?" I say.

"Now is better than anything." Natalia says. "I think that we need to head later so that we have the equipment needed to sort it out and to lower suspicion. I mean, what would a bunch of teenagers be doing in the woods in the afternoon? 

I think we should go in the evening instead. The less people that see us, the less likely they will report us." Nick says, and he's right.

But I still hate him. "Fine, then how does six o clock sound?" I say, in a sarcastic tone. "I like the idea, I think it sounds perfect." Sarah says. "Yeah, I think it sounds good." Sarah says. "Well then, I guess it's settled. We'll meet at six." Mike says. "Yeah, we can just meet at my house and go from there." Sarah says.

We all gather outside Sarah's house, ready to tackle this room or whatever this person online said. It's the biggest lead that we have. "Alright. Is everybody ready to go?" Sarah says. "Yeah, I'm ready to get this over and done with.

Then go home and sleep." I say. "Same here honestly." Mike says with a yawn. "Alright then, let's go." Sarah says as she leads the way down a few streets leading to the wood. And when we eventually get there, Sky trips over what seems to be a chain, a really big one.

"Oh my God what is this?" I say, completely confused. It's so out of order. I grabbed the heavy chain with my two hands and pull only to find that the rest of it was covered by leaves. 

I followed the direction of the chain and the others follow up behind me. The chain eventually leads us to a door which is the same description as the one that we got online. "Well this is odd. I totally thought that they were lying." I say.