Chapter Thirty-Three

Michael

Sarah's looking at me with complete anger and disbelief. "This can't be true, right Michael?" She asked me hopefully. I read the message the same time she did. "It is. I relapsed and I refused your father's offer when he suggested rehab." "Why?" She asked hurt.

"Sarah, by now you know I'm unfixable. I mean, you've tried for years, but you couldn't do it. Nobody can. I'm too broken, too damaged." I say if anybody could have fixed me it's her, but I'm unfixable my father used to abuse me before he died,

my mother killed herself and my sister died right in front of me in my arms. It's not like I had a loving family to begin with, but I lost everything. "You're not broken and you're not unfixable, Michael." She says, stepping closer to me.

"I can't let you do this. I can't let you not go to rehab. Think about it for just a split second. What if you die?" "Then I die." She holds both her hands to her mouth, tears streaming down her face. She takes a step back.

She looks so hurt and broken in that moment, it feels like a slap in the face. "What about me?" She asks. "What about me when you relapse? What about me when you die? Do you really think I want to see you in a casket going six feet under?

Do you honestly believe that I wouldn't jump right in with you? I can't live without you, Michael. I've tried. Believe you me, I've tried, and it hurt. More than anything in the world, it hurt. If you die, you kill me too." "No, Sarah I'm not dragging you down with me."

"You don't even have to because I'll be running after you forever. You and me against the world, and even if we're six feet under me, knowing that you're next to me is enough. Don't you understand? I love you." I've feared those three words from her for so long.

Because it meant that she was stuck with me. That she wanted to be stuck with me, why? I didn't even know that I asks out loud until she answered. "Because you're you. And no matter what happens to you or who you are, you are not any less lovable to me.

So please go. If you can't do it for yourself then do it for me, please, because I can't live without you. I'd die by your side. We'll pull a Romeo and Juliet." "You're insane." I love you. "Yeah, I know only insane person would love you this much and I'm tired of fighting it." I love you.

"I'll go to rehab." For you. And she has a smile that lights up my world. A true, genuine smile, not a fake one. "It has to be after you graduate though. If you leave now, I don't think I'll be able to survive that either." "Got it, after I graduate, I'll go to rehab and then I'll go to university."

"Good." She says. I've known for years now that Sarah wants to go to NYU. She wants to be a New Yorker free in her own right, and she deserves it. "Oh. And one more thing." I say. "Yeah?" "We're more like Anthony and Cleopatra instead of Romeo and Juliet." Sarah rolled her eyes.

I'm just another guy who fell head over heels for her. "You're so unserious." I smirk. "What's wrong with that?" I say. Once I'm done with rehab and I finished university, I can finally tell her that I love her. Once and for all. But for now I'm a mess. I'll make it work for her. Always.

"Also." "What now?" My mood darkens. "Who was it?" I don't exactly have to ask the question, she already knows what I mean. "Carl Johnson. He drugged me and then he raped me." She doesn't even hesitate, like she's numb to the feeling of the pain that she must feel.

I'm going to kill him. Brutally, slowly, painfully, agonizingly. And I won't stop, even when he's begging to die. "I'm going to kill him." I say. Sarah looks up at me. "Alright then." Is all she says. He made her make herself bleed. He will pay with his worthless life.

"We'll make him pay, I promise you that." "You better." There's a beat of silence. "Well, I better leave you to get dressed. You look ok enough to me." "Well, don't be fooled. I just don't know what to feel." I take a step closer to her until she has to crane her neck to look at me.

"If you need someone, come to me. I'm always here for you Angel. You're the only one keeping me alive." I say before I turn around and leave. I'm itching to get his blood spilled on the floor, so much so that I can leave her in the room by herself.