Chapter Eleven

Azania

We make it to Emily's house in one piece. I tried my best to stay out of being in a team with Nick and that seemed to have work for now. But I'm nervous, what if Emily's parents hate us for their daughters disappearance? Even though I know it's not our fault, we were the last people to see Emily and we don't even get interrogated.

I know that I'd hate that if it were my daughter. Regardless, Natalia rings the doorbell and knocks on the door. The door opens and we see Emily's mother. She looks like she's been crying for hours. She also looks like an older version of Emily. "Hi, Miss Myers we're Emily's friends." Natalia says. "We just came to check on you and see how you were doing with everything." I say.

"Yes well, it hasn't been easy. I know that my Emily would never run away and I really appreciate you guys checking up on us. It hasn't been very lively since she disappeared." Miss Myers says.

"And we understand wholeheartedly. We miss Emily too. More than anything in the world, we just want our best friend back." I wasn't lying by saying that.

I know that Emily didn't want anything to do with me, but I'm going to find her so that she can hate me but still be here. Miss Myers smiles at that and lets us in. She takes us to the living room and has us sit on the couch.

We've never been to Emily's house before. It's just always been sleepovers at my house or Sarah's. Now that I think about it, I've never seen Sky's or Natalia's house either. "Would you like some tea, coffee or water?" Miss Myers offers.

"No, thank you. We're alright." I say, knowing that none of us really wanted anything to drink right now. We just wanted to find out the truth.

"I'm really sorry to ask this Miss Myers, but would you mind if we go see Emily's room? I just miss her so much. The feeling of actually seeing her things makes me feel happy, like she might actually be here.

I know it's a lot to ask given the situation but I miss my friend so much it's killing me inside. I hope you can understand." I say, trying my best to get inside of that room. There might be clues in there. That's why we came in the first place.

"I understand. You don't have to be afraid. You have every right to see her room as her friends. I know you were good ones. What did you say your names were again?" Shit. If she finds out that. We are who we are. She might kick us out on the spot.

"Ohh, my name is Sally this is Brenda and he is Sebastian." Natalia and Grayson look at me like I'm insane. But I couldn't let this slip. They have to have understood because they when with it.

"Oh, what wonderful names. Although Emily has never mentioned you before." "Yes well, we did do a lot of stuff. Introductions might not have been the most important thing to her." "Well, I'll show you to her room."

Miss Myers takes us upstairs and straight down the hallway, to a light green room with a beautiful white pink bed. The bed frame is wooden. It is so Emily so beautiful and even smells like her.

The guilt hits me but I pushed that behind me. "Alright. So where do we start the investigation first?" I ask once Miss Meyer is down the stairs. "Well, we can start off with the fact that she wasn't lying. She didn't lie." Grayson says.

That makes things a whole lot easier. "She seemed genuinely sad. She didn't seem like she was faking it at all. But she was also conflicted about something." Natalia says.

"What, like she had something to say but wasn't sure that she would say it?" I ask. "No. It was more of fighting with feelings." "Ok vague, but anyway, the room doesn't look suspicious at all."