Chapter 33: She Clearly Looked Fragile and Beautiful, But Her Eyes...

Su Yingxue wore a little dress, following behind Ji Qing.

This was a private gathering, but almost everyone present was a well-known figure in the fashion industry.

Ever since the cover of the October issue of "MINA" was snatched away, Ji Qing had felt guilty towards Su Yingxue. So this time, he specially brought her to the gathering to help introduce her to some fashion industry resources.

A designer looked at Su Yingxue, somewhat surprised: "Aerian, is this the protagonist of your photo series?"

Aerian was Ji Qing's English name.

He had once taken a series of photos of Su Yingxue, which were highly praised within the circle.

Ji Qing smiled: "Yes, Yingxue has a strong expressive power. I was very shocked by the effect of the photos we took back then."

"Your eye for talent is never wrong," the other person smiled at Su Yingxue, "Miss Su, I hope we have the opportunity to work together."

Su Yingxue gave a timely, shy smile.

Unfortunately, not everyone in this circle would give face to Ji Qing.

A short-haired girl sitting at the bar chuckled lightly: "Miss Su doesn't look like a model."

Su Yingxue replied softly: "I'm an actress."

"How coincidental. The other day, when Jiang Chang was shooting the cover for the October issue of 'MINA,' he also mentioned meeting a very expressive actress." The short-haired girl deliberately asked, "Could it be you, Miss Su?"

This was truly poking at Su Yingxue's sore spot.

Deliberately twisting the knife in her heart.

Ji Qing immediately stepped forward to protect her, shouting: "Ye Qingli, what do you mean by that!"

Ye Qingli wasn't afraid of him, resting her chin on her hand, she sneered: "This is our private gathering, and you brought an outsider without everyone's consent. What's the meaning of that?"

Su Yingxue's face turned slightly pale, and she said in a low voice: "Sorry, I didn't know... it's all my fault..."

"Alright, cut it out!" Ye Qingli rolled her eyes, "Your apology doesn't change the fact that you broke the rules. Also, I was talking to Ji Qing, why are you jumping in to apologize? It makes it look like I'm bullying you."

Everyone else remained silent.

Many people were on Ye Qingli's side.

In their small gatherings, they usually chatted casually, inadvertently revealing industry secrets, making it indeed unsuitable to bring outsiders.

Especially since Ji Qing hadn't informed them beforehand about bringing someone, some people were displeased, though not as blunt as Ye Qingli.

Su Yingxue's face turned even paler.

Ji Qing, suppressing his anger, said: "Ye Qingli, you need to stop!"

At this moment, Jiang Chang walked in from outside: "Sorry I'm late. What were you all discussing?"

His arrival eased the awkwardness.

The designer from earlier chimed in: "We were talking about the expressive actress you recently photographed!"

Jiang Chang clapped his hands: "I was just about to show you the hard photos from this shoot. They're absolutely stunning!!"

Jiang Chang's nitpicky nature matched Ji Qing's, and he was famously disdainful of celebrities, thinking their expressiveness in photos was too weak.