Chapter 141: Rest assured, I am not picky with food

Shen Shi'an was sitting in the living room, dressed in carefully chosen casual clothes, with a serious expression, pretending to be reading the newspaper.

Why do we say "pretending"? Because every five minutes, he would ask the servants if Shen Zhiyan and Jiang Tao had arrived yet. All morning, he had already asked at least eight hundred times.

Even Rong Manzhen couldn't stand him anymore and had escaped to the kitchen.

Shen Shi'an seemed to realize that he was being too eager, so he tried to calm his excited heart and started to pester Shen Shen.

Eventually, Shen Shen also fled.

Only then did Shen Shi'an stand up, pacing back and forth in the living room with his hands behind his back.

At that moment, he heard some movement at the door and immediately jumped back onto the sofa at lightning speed, grabbed the newspaper, and tried to appear calm.

Butler Cen opened the door for Shen Zhiyan and Jiang Tao.

The two of them walked through the entryway into the living room. Shen Zhiyan immediately saw Shen Shi'an sitting on the sofa, holding the newspaper and pretending to be engrossed in it.

When he saw them, Shen Shi'an slowly raised his eyes, maintaining a calm and composed tone, "Oh, you're back?"

Shen Zhiyan, unamused, pointed it out directly, "Dad, stop pretending, you're holding the newspaper upside down."

Shen Shi'an: "..."

For a brief moment, panic flashed across his face, but his experience in the business world, having cultivated a thick skin, allowed him to quickly regain his composure. He casually set the newspaper down, walked over to them, and looked at Jiang Tao with a warm smile, "So, this must be Xiao Jiang?"

Shen Shi'an's appearance bore some resemblance to Shen Zhiyan, but he seemed more serious.

However, Jiang Tao wasn't afraid of him at all. She smiled and called out, "Uncle Shen."

Shen Shi'an's heart melted at the sound of his future daughter-in-law's voice.

He didn't know why, but the moment he saw Jiang Tao, he felt an immediate connection, as if she and Shen Zhiyan were a match made in heaven.

Besides, he had watched the entire dating reality show, so he was practically half a CP fan at this point.

He responded with a warm, smiling face.

Only then did Jiang Tao present the prepared gift.

After careful and strict selection by the butler, the gift that emerged from a list of over a hundred had to be something extraordinary.

Shen Shi'an was both surprised and delighted, "How did you know I like this!"

As he spoke, he led them towards the dining room.

Rong Manzhen happened to walk out with a gentle smile, "Just wait a little longer, and the food will be ready."

As she spoke, she turned to Jiang Tao, "Miss Jiang, I've never had the chance to thank you properly for saving me back then."

Jiang Tao shook her head, "It's nothing." She paused for a moment, "You don't have to call me Miss Jiang, you can just call me Jiang Jiang."

Rong Manzhen followed her lead, "I don't have much to offer, but I heard that you love food, so I specially cooked some dishes myself. I hope you won't mind."

Hearing there was food, Jiang Tao's eyes lit up, "I definitely don't mind, not at all!"

Rong Manzhen smiled again, "Then I'll go finish up the preparations. You all can continue chatting."