Chapter 70: Probably... the Pressure from the Top of the Food Chain

Jiangcheng, as the host city for this year's National Games, launched the "National Fitness" concept and invited many athletes and celebrities to record promotional videos for it.

The recording took place at the Jiangcheng Sports Stadium, the same venue where the last "New Star Games" were held.

The staff member responsible for welcoming Jiang Tao was also from the "New Star Games" team. She smiled at Jiang Tao and said, "Jiang Jiang, back to a familiar place again. Feeling nostalgic?"

Jiang Tao nodded, her eyes lingering fondly over every inch of the grass and rubber track. "Yes, I wonder if anyone will treat me to a week's worth of meals again this time... Sigh."

Staff member: "..."

They arrived at the meeting room where many celebrities had already gathered.

There were quite a few familiar faces.

Jiang Tao quickly spotted Cheng Jie and Duan Lele.

Remembering those seven days of meals, Jiang Tao gave Cheng Jie a friendly smile.

However, both Cheng Jie and Duan Lele shivered simultaneously, recalling the moment Jiang Tao slashed their throats with a prop knife in "Detective Scene."

After Jiang Tao turned away, Duan Lele whispered to Cheng Jie, "Why did she smile at you?"

Cheng Jie, looking weary, replied, "Because, in my youthful ignorance, I did something reckless."

Duan Lele: "!"

Gossip alert!

Cheng Jie: "I treated her to meals for a week."

Duan Lele: "???"

She looked at Cheng Jie with a perplexed expression, "That's... worth mentioning?"

Cheng Jie sneered, "Sister Lele, don't take this lightly. When it actually happens, you'll know how serious it is!"

Duan Lele, half-believing, withdrew her gaze.

At this moment, the director walked in, "Are all the teachers here?"

The assistant director whispered, "Teacher Qin Yu hasn't arrived yet."

As he spoke, the meeting room door opened. Qin Yu walked in with a stern expression, wearing sunglasses.

Suppressing a yawn, he found an empty spot in the corner and sat down.

But the surrounding young celebrities couldn't help but sneak glances at him.

Qin Yu coldly said, "What are you looking at? Look at the director."

Everyone, startled, quickly turned back.

Qin Yu stifled another yawn, secretly wiping away a tear.

He never expected the flight to Jiangcheng would be so early. His low blood pressure and morning grumpiness left him feeling dazed.

Thinking about this made him even more annoyed.

Why did he have to wake up with low blood pressure and a bad mood, take the earliest flight to Jiangcheng, instead of resting?

As he thought about this, he instinctively looked up, found Jiang Tao in the crowd, and glared at her through his sunglasses.

Jiang Tao accurately sensed his discontent and looked back at him.

From her experience, people with such emotions were often easy sources of food.

A smile appeared on Jiang Tao's face.