Chapter 64: Scandal.

Jiang Tao and Fu Yanfei returned to the set and resumed filming. This time, she perfectly portrayed Zhou Xiang's breakdown. Her slightly red eyes, and the struggle and despair in them, were a world apart from her previous performance.

Being able to make such significant progress in a short time was not only due to her natural talent but perhaps also related to Shen Zhiyan's guidance. Bai Kou secretly marveled, truly deserving of the title "Emperor Shen."

Shen Zhiyan seemed to be watching their acting intently, but in reality, he was somewhat distracted. His palm still seemed to retain the warmth from Jiang Tao's body, hot enough to reach deep into his heart.

Besides acting, he always disliked physical contact with others. But this rule didn't seem to apply to Jiang Tao. He even subconsciously supported her waist, naturally to a frightening degree.

Shen Zhiyan always thought of himself as a rational person. He had been in this circle for many years without picking up any messy bad habits or having a single romantic relationship. Besides acting and schedules, he spent most of his time at home, reading, gardening, and playing chess, living like a retired old cadre. Du Chong even worried at one point that he might be suppressing himself too much.

But Shen Zhiyan enjoyed this kind of life. Outsiders saw him as gentle and gentlemanly, but his heart was actually very cold and hard, as if the little passion he had was all given to acting. Outside of acting, his emotions would instantly cool down. Great joy and sorrow, panic and pain, none of these belonged to the daily Shen Zhiyan.

However, today he noticed a slight clue. He seemed to care too much about Jiang Tao. And he didn't find it repulsive; he even enjoyed it a bit.

Shen Zhiyan looked up and saw Jiang Tao, who had finished filming, holding the milk tea handed over by her assistant and drinking it with satisfaction. It seemed that the previous incident had not affected her at all. This carefree little thing.

Shen Zhiyan stood up and walked towards her: "Finished for the day? I'll take you to dinner."

Jiang Tao: "Sure!"

But just as they were about to leave the set, Fu Yanfei followed them, looking at Shen Zhiyan as if he were a punk trying to kidnap his well-behaved daughter: "What are you two...?"

Shen Zhiyan sighed inwardly but still replied politely, "Teacher Fu, I'm inviting Jiang Jiang for a meal."

Fu Yanfei: "That's perfect, I haven't eaten either. Let's all go together."

Shen Zhiyan: "..."

Teacher Fu, are you really out of character?!

-

When they arrived at the place, it was a rare Sichuan restaurant in Haicheng. As soon as they walked in, they could smell the pungent aroma of chili peppers. In the private room, except for Jiang Tao who was focused on eating the small dishes (side dishes), everyone else felt a bit awkward.

  Du Chong whispered to Shen Zhiyan, "Why is Teacher Fu here too?"

  Shen Zhiyan couldn't say that he was worried about Du Chong harboring ill intentions toward Jiang Tao, so he vaguely replied, "We ran into each other on the way, so we came together."

  Fu Yanfei smiled kindly at Du Chong, "Little Du, it's been a long time since we've seen each other. You and Zhiyan are still such good partners, very capable."

  Du Chong quickly said, "Teacher Fu, you're too kind."

  Fu Yanfei said, "I see you're very concerned about Zhiyan. This restaurant looks very busy, it must be hard to get a reservation."