Chapter 9: As an Ambassador, It Is...

Even though Jiang Tao said she wasn't injured, everyone was still worried and took her and Tang Yuxia to the hospital for a thorough check-up.

Director Zou hurried to the hospital after finishing his tasks.

Although he had seen the footage taken by Zhang Ce and the others, he was still concerned that there might be some hidden issues.

"This is Tang Yuxia, she has a sprained ankle, but it's not serious. Just apply some medication and rest for a couple of days. However, she's a bit overly frightened, so we prescribed some sedatives. It would be best to take her for some psychological counseling too..."

Director Zou nodded repeatedly.

He then cautiously asked, "And... what about Jiang Tao?"

The doctor picked up Jiang Tao's medical record and frowned deeply.

Director Zou's heart leaped into his throat.

"Is her condition serious?"

He was already mentally listing the best orthopedic and plastic surgery hospitals in the country.

The doctor, with a serious expression, said, "The examination results are all normal. She doesn't even have a scratch."

"Next time, please don't let such patients take up important medical resources like ambulances, okay?!"

Director Zou: "......"

He looked incredulously at the examination report in his hand.

To be honest, she was too healthy.

But in any case, it was good news.

Director Zou walked briskly to Jiang Tao's hospital room.

As soon as Jiang Tao saw him, she immediately sat up, her eyes sparkling.

"Can we eat wild boar meat now?"

Director Zou: "......"

Jiang Tao frowned, retreating to a lesser option: "Okay, if there's no wild boar meat, a luxurious feast will do."

Director Zou: "......"

Jiang Tao narrowed her eyes, showing a displeased expression: "You aren't going to tell me there's no luxurious feast either, are you?"

Director Zou shivered and snapped back to reality.

The explanation he had prepared changed direction in his mouth: "I'll go buy it for you right away."

"That's more like it."

Jiang Tao finished, then hurriedly added, "But this is just compensation for the wild boar meat. You can't take away my luxurious feast."

Her calculating, nitpicky look made Director Zou laugh.

The initial inexplicable fear he had felt also disappeared.

Director Zou, like a father humoring his unreasonable daughter, coaxed, "Alright, alright, it doesn't count. I'll make it up to you next time."

He opened the food delivery app. "Take a look and see what you want to eat."

Jiang Tao quickly selected a few restaurants.

"Let's start with one menu from each restaurant."

Director Zou's loving smile froze: "What the heck?"

-

Tang Yuxia was thoroughly frightened this time. When she closed her eyes, she saw the fierce wild boar charging at her.