Chapter 21: The Great Actor Shen Who Never Gets Close to Women...

After finishing her last scenes for "Heavenly Chef," Jiang Tao rushed back to Beijing to do a makeup test for the crew of "Lingxiao Chronicles."

As soon as she walked into the studio, she ran into An Lisha, who was coming out.

An Lisha looked at her in shock: "What are you doing here?"

Jiang Tao replied, "Getting my makeup done!"

An Lisha couldn't believe it: "You joined the Lingxiao Chronicles crew too? What role?"

She no longer exuded that pleasant emotion, so Jiang Tao didn't want to bother with her and walked past her.

An Lisha assumed Jiang Tao was feeling guilty, thinking she probably got a minor role and didn't dare to tell her.

She deliberately said, "It's okay if the role is small. Director Zhou values skill over popularity, that's normal."

Before she could finish, the makeup artist came out: "Teacher Jiang is here, come in quickly. The special effects makeup takes a lot of time, we need to hurry."

Special effects makeup?

An Lisha was stunned.

In "Lingxiao Chronicles," only characters from the demon and monster clans required special effects makeup. Which female characters were from the demon or monster clans?

She ran through the roles in her mind.

But none of them matched Jiang Tao.

The only one she didn't know about was Yue Jia.

Jiang Tao... couldn't possibly be playing Yue Jia, right?!

Impossible!

With Jiang Tao's acting skills, how could she possibly play Yue Jia!

Although she thought this, An Lisha still felt a bit uneasy.

She went back to the studio.

The makeup artist and assistants were busy making a cast mold for Jiang Tao.

The more An Lisha watched, the more suspicious she became. She grabbed an assistant: "Which character's makeup is Jiang Tao doing?"

The assistant glanced over: "Yue Jia."

It really was Yue Jia?!

An Lisha felt like she had been struck by lightning.

She remembered the audition process.

"Lingxiao Chronicles" is a major male-led IP. Though there aren't many female roles, they are all very outstanding.

Especially Yue Jia.

Then, she heard that Shen Zhiyan was going to guest star as the celestial deity Jing Liu in the show.

The film emperor descending to act in a web drama, even if just a guest role, would be enough to create a buzz.

Especially with his heart-wrenching romance with Yue Jia.

One could imagine how much attention the character Yue Jia would get once the show aired!

So, originally auditioning for the male lead's senior sister, An Lisha switched to audition for Yue Jia.

But after the audition, Director Zhou politely told her that the role of Yue Jia was emotionally intense, highly challenging, and required strong acting skills, which she currently did not meet.

Then, Director Zhou suggested she audition for the senior sister role again, which she secured.

Though it was a bit disappointing, the result wasn't bad.